IR Server Suite - Alpha Testing (Private) (1 Viewer)

NickName

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 23, 2006
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    Thanks Aaron,

I just discovered that I wasn't double-clicking the IR Device in the Configuration (just like you suggested), Doh! (I have the flu so the old brain is a little slow at them moment)
    Thanks for your reply. The server runs now so now I'm off to 'play' with it.

Update:
    I have just been playing with it and it ROCKS!!! I am going to find so many uses for it. I don't know if I can but I want to see if I can get it to shutdown another PC remotely...
    FYI. I now have it controlling "Joost".

Cheers,

Martin.

itbrl

Portal Member
    October 16, 2006
    Potchefstroom
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hallo Aaron

The new test version was able to learn the codes and work very well. Thank you for your hard work on this plug-in. The only thing strange to report is the channel change will sometimes not work. When I change the channel to channel 65 only the 5 will be accepted, but for 99% of the time it will change the channel to 65.

Please add my STB to the list

Panasat IRD624 (DSTV)

Lappies

This post was ment for IR Server Suite - Testing
    :D

andyd

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ok stupid question number 2 :)

Hey,

ok I have the TV server plugin working with IR server now and that works wonderfully! Now how do I get my remote working with normal MP client of TVS?

Do I just use the normal internal MP "remote" menu or do I need something else? I have tried this with no success, maybe this i s because I am using the Vista replacment drivers???

Any assistance would be great....

andyd

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Blaster speed dude! I had the same problem with mine, changed my blaster speed from fast to medium and problem went away....

Hallo Aaron

The new test version was able to learn the codes and work very well. Thank you for your hard work on this plug-in. The only thing strange to report is the channel change will sometimes not work. When I change the channel to channel 65 only the 5 will be accepted, but for 99% of the time it will change the channel to 65.

Please add my STB to the list

Panasat IRD624 (DSTV)

Lappies

This post was ment for IR Server Suite - Testing
    :D

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Do I just use the normal internal MP "remote" menu or do I need something else?

No, you use the MP Control plugin for IR Server. It's like the MCE Replacement plugin, but for anything the IR Server can handle.

I've attached a screen shot of the section you go to to set up your remote button mapping.

You see, the MP Control plugin doesn't care what IR receiver or remote you are using, it just needs you to tell it how to map received button presses to MediaPortal's remote control buttons. You can do this by selecting a preset or by making your own map for some exotic remote. Given that you are using the MCE Replacement Driver for Vista 32-bit, you will need to select the "MCE Replacement" preset. It should then work straight away.

If you were using a different remote you would need to select "Template" and then click on each button you want to map followed by pressing the button on your remote to have it add the code to the list.

I'll be adding more presets soon too.

Hope that helps,

@itbrl:

I have moved your post and Andy's follow-up from the MCE Replacement Plugin - Latest Test Version thread to this one :)

Cheers,

ariel

November 11, 2006
    Home Country
    Can anyone post how the IR Server Suite works, i dont understand very well how this work or where i have to install the suite, the MP machine or in the TVServer machine ?

Thanks.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi Ariel,

Here is where each component in the IR Server Suite goes ...

IR Server
    The PC with the Infrared receiver attached. The IR Server allows other Apps and Plugins in the IR Server Suite to connect either locally (same PC) or over a LAN and use the IR device to receive remote button presses or learn and blast IR Commands.

Also, you can put the IR Server on multiple PCs, where each additional PC is set up as a "Relay Server" and just passes on button presses to the main IR Server. For example you can have an MCE IR Device connected to the main Server for blasting, but have the IR device that came with your TV card (if it's supported) on another PC with the IR Server in Relay mode.

TV2 Blaster Plugin
    If you use MediaPortal with TV Engine 2 then you install this plugin on the PC that runs MediaPortal to control a Set Top Box.

TV3 Blaster Plugin
    Put this on the PC with the TV Server, if you use TV Engine 3 (TV Server) and a Set Top Box.

MP Control Plugin
    Install this on the PC with MediaPortal. MP Control Plugin is for controlling MediaPortal by remote control and can also blast IR Commands, it's like MCE Replacement Plugin, but for the IR Server Suite.

MP Blast Zone Plugin
    Install this on the PC with MediaPortal. MP Blast Zone Plugin is for adding a custom menu to MediaPortal that can blast IR Commands, process Macros, open external apps, all sorts of things.

Translator
    You can install this on any PC you want to control with the Remote (Usually this is the same PC as MediaPortal). Translator is like HIP and Girder. It can control other programs on your pc by simulated keyboard actions, sending windows messages, running other applications, etc...

Tray Launcher
    Put this on the PC with MediaPortal. Use this to launch MediaPortal (or any other program) from a button on your remote.

Virtual Remote
    This will run from any PC on your LAN, use it to simulate a remote control to control any PC running Translator, Tray Launcher, or the MP Control Plugin.

It doesn't matter where any of these components are, they could all be on the same PC or all on different PCs on a LAN. Any combination will work, it just comes down to how you want to use it...

You could just use it as a way of having an integrated solution for all your IR requirements on one PC and not use the LAN functionality at all.

Or you could share one IR device between the TV Server and the TV Client on separate PCs. Where IR input can work the client, while the server can change channels on a set top box... it then just comes down to a matter of cabling so everything connects to the right PC.

Or maybe you just want to use the Virtual Remote on your laptop to control MediaPortal ...

There's no one way to use the IR Server Suite, I'm just trying to make it as flexible as I can so people can find there own way to get something out of it. I think most people will just use it to control MediaPortal and let the TV Server blast commands to their Set Top Box on the same PC at the same time... But we'll see :)

I hope that helps,

TVmecken

Portal Member
    February 8, 2006
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Txs for explanation of yr suite modules

Right now I am using HIP and MP TV2 which works just fine. Blasting to Plasma TV and sound Amplifier and controlling Picasa & MovieMaker with HIP.
    Now with yr suite (almost) available I am planning to switch to TV3 and yr suite.

For my understanding, what is the functional difference between the MP TV3 blaster and Zone blaster? Which one would I need to blaster to external devices (not STB) like PlasmaTV and sound amp.?

Thanks

LXB

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2005
    Hi Aaron,
    please be so kind and take for testing, too.
    alex (at) berndt (dot) com.
    many tia, LX

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom