IR Server Suite - Public Test Version (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hey all,

EDIT BEGIN

All new versions of IR Server Suite will now get their own discussion/download thread.

This thread will be closed in a few days in favour of the new threads.

The new version (at the time of writing this) is 1.0.4.1 and can be downloaded/discussed here:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/ir_server_suite_version_1_0_4-t33512.html

EDIT END

More info here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/ir_server_suite_alpha_testing_private-t22430.html

Full documentation is available here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/ir_server_suite_documentation-t26837.html

It's compiled for MediaPortal 0.2.3.0 (and should work with SVN's since 0.2.3.0).

When posting a bug, please include as much info as possible and attach logs if you can.

Cheers,

ronsonol

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2007
    Kingston
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi Aaron,

IRServer does not run when another program is configured to use the USB-Uirt.

For example, I use girder to receive IR events, and pass the windows message to the Send Message plugin within MP 2.2, and I was using the built in USB-Uirt plugin in MP 2.2 to control sending IR for blasting to the external STB. Together, both girder, and MP were happy to share access.

IRServer won't load until I exit girder or disable the USB-UIRT plugin in both girder/MP. Nor will girder or MP load, if I have started IRServer first. (unless of course, the usb-uirt plugins are disabled in both girder and MP)

It seems IRServer is looking for exclusive access to the device?

If there is noway around this, I can disable the MP option to control the stb with usb-uirt because I will move to tvserver 0.3 and let your plugin do that. But what suggestion do you have to replace the girder sending messages to the Send Message Plugin in MP - which has been working perfectly.

So far I have only tested the IR learning/Blasting for the USB-Uirt and it seems to work well.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks for the feedback ronsonol,

I'll try to stop the plugin from requiring exclusive access. It seems MP and Girder can do it, so I should be able to as well.

Don't take this as a cop out from me, but you could use Translator as a Girder replacement and there is a TV2 blaster plugin in the suite that could take care of channel changing on your STB.

But that's not an excuse. I'll try to make it play nice...

Thanks,

ronsonol

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2007
    Kingston
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks Aaron,

I did switch over to use the TV 2 Blaster, and it works. I am able to run IRServer and MP at the same time after unchecking use usb-uirt to control stb.

I then was going to solve the girder problem, and I was going to setup your MP Control plugin to use with my remote - but I cannot run the IRServer, and the configuration utility at the same time. I need too, in order to train the plugin with my remote key presses.

I know you recommend Translator, but I dont use my remote for anything other than MP.

Many thanks.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    It seems MediaPortal configuration is using the USB-UIRT even if you tell it not to.

But I've found that if you start MediaPortal configuration with the IR Server off and then start the IR Server it works. for me.

I'm trying to get around all this at the moment though.

Cheers,

SpiffBB

Portal Pro
    July 18, 2006
    Hello

Cant get it to work. I want to control my receiver with my MCE remote. I can learn the ir-code (if I press "test" the transmitter works (witch newer was possible for me with the old version)) and I can rearrange the layout of the replacement remote. However if I map the learnde ir-command end press the button the transmitter wont do anything (not even flashing). Cant find anything in the log-file. However I can set up a blast in the blaster meny inside MP and that works! Any idee why I cant get a button on the remote to blast my learned ir-signal?

Regards
    Oscar

dareh

Portal Pro
    July 7, 2006
    Alcalá de Henares
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi everybody.
    It is the same here, I didn't realize cause I was using macros for everything, ir codes can't be mapped.
    Aaron , I think it's the same problem you already solved about mapping macros in the alpha test versions.
    Oscar, while Aaron solves it, you can make a macro with only one ir code inside and map it to a button, it works.

Thanks
    Dareh.

SpiffBB

Portal Pro
    July 18, 2006
    Thank you Dareh!
    That did the trick! I found out that an earlier bug that the plugin must "regain focus" isnt necesary any more.
    Regards
    Oscar

Mercurial

Portal Member
    September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi, Aaron,

Tried this out last night.
    It's good.
    Have got most of it working satisfactorily. Had to go searching for all the files, the plugins automatically install into \Team media portal\media portal (I have my stable version here, but my test version is elswhere), could you add an option to change the installation directory?

Currently using SVN 14999, intend to update again soon and will confirm everything still working.
    Using MCE remote & blaster to TV and amp.

Media Portal commands seem to all work, haven't had time to map them all yet.

System wide commands, I'm having a little trouble with. Will work that one out though.

I have a Panasonic AV amp and a Tatung based LCD panel mapped for IR and macros set up to control them. Stangely, I couldn't get MCE replacement plugin to learn IR commands for my LCD. Translator did straight away and since intsalling IR server suite, MCE replacement plugin has now learned my LCD IR codes!

One thing that may catch others out, it did me, if MCE replacement tray is running ( I forgot to kill it before running IR server suite), this stops Translator mapping any commands. This goes for MCE replacement plugin also, I haven't seen this metioned on any of the posts.

Regards

John

kiesow

Portal Pro
    March 19, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I guess the answer will be no, but nonetheless I ask.
    Not all X10 use IR, some of them use radio instead. Are there X10 also supported or is it just IR as the name says.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom