IR Server Suite - Version 1.4.2 Test Build 3158/3281 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

arsenal333

Portal Pro
December 26, 2006
Melbourne
Home Country
Blasting - IoControl: something went bad with StructToPtr or the other way around

Hello,

Vista SP2
MP 1.02
IRSS Version 1.4.2 Test Build 3158
MCE IR & Remote
TV: Samsung LED
Marantz 7002

I've been happily using IRSS for over a year now for controlling media portal and my receiver (through RS232).
Bought a new Samsung LED a month ago and decided it was time I gave the blasting function a go.

I've only ever go the blasting to work once with the TV then nothing happens. I've attached the IR server log it hase the following error:

IoControl: something went bad with StructToPtr or the other way around
2009-12-09 19:38:32.583887 - Error: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: A device attached to the system is not functioning
at IRServer.Plugin.DriverVista.IoControl(IoCtrl ioControlCode, IntPtr inBuffer, Int32 inBufferSize, IntPtr outBuffer, Int32 outBufferSize, Int32& bytesReturned) in c:\svnroot\mp-plugins\trunk\plugins\IR Server Suite\IR Server Suite\IR Server Plugins\Microsoft MCE Transceiver\DriverVista.cs:line 1106 (etc)

The same error occurs under Windows 7 and 1.1 beta config :mad:

Has anyone come across this error before? any Ideas?

Thanks Greg

arsenal333

Portal Pro
December 26, 2006
Melbourne
Home Country
Ok found that the driver errors in the log were related to the usb port that I have the MCE receiver plug into.

However that now being fixed, it seems that the learning function is not picking up the correct ir codes for blasting as the TV does not respond to the learnt ir commands at all.

skoka123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 8, 2009
    Hyderabad, India
    Home Country
    India India
    However that now being fixed, it seems that the learning function is not picking up the correct ir codes for blasting as the TV does not respond to the learnt ir commands at all.

This happens to me all the time. The only solution I have is to try learning is again and again until it works. Generally it takes about 10 to 15 tries before some codes are properly learned.

arsenal333

Portal Pro
    December 26, 2006
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    This happens to me all the time. The only solution I have is to try learning is again and again until it works. Generally it takes about 10 to 15 tries before some codes are properly learned.

I've tried as you've suggested and so far no results after trying the learn 25 - 30 times, sort of lost count. Is this the general experience that the learning function takes so many times? or am I just doing it wrong, I must say I thought it would be easier. Does anybody have any tips, like holding the remote while 1cm away and doing a rain dance for luck?
    Don't get me wrong this plugin is an awesome piece of work. Maybe the whole blast function has difficulty with certain TV brands?

Does anybody have a list of IR codes for samsung LCD/LED?

arsenal333

Portal Pro
    December 26, 2006
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    So all is working now, seems it was the carbon based unit that had the issue with the learning / blaster function.

Tips for anyone reading this:
    1. Change the USB port
    2. The blaster needs exact placement, you will need to test carefully where the TV's ir receiver is.

On the good sit I now have my Marantz 7002, and Samsung TV working off the one remote with MP...

cafe.racer

Portal Pro
    August 5, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I've some codes for Samsung TVs - mostly picked up off remote central, I'll stick them up in a bit.

I found that some of the codes didn't do what they were supposed to do, but did some other function (I mean the code that was supposed to do "HDMI1" actually did "SCART1" for example).

I still never found a Discrete ON command.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom