IR Server Suite - Version 1.4.2 Test Build 3158/3281 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Mercurial:

You say you were using IR Tray to launch MediaPortal, do you mean the Tray Launcher that is part of the IR Server Suite, or MP Tray, or the MCE Replacement Tray from the MCE Replacement plugin?

I'll have a look at your logs and see if I can figure something out.

thanks,

zell72:

Try re-learning the IR commands with the latest version. I'll also take a look at the TV2 plugin and make sure it's ok. Maybe you can send me some logs as well?

Cheers,

Mercurial

Portal Member
    September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Aaron,

I mean Tray Launcher that is part of IR Server suite.
    For the record, I have no part of MCE Replacement installed now. Ignore the bit about not using it anymore - I have found it is still easier to use it to launch MP from the green button after the kids have been playing computer games. I was trying to just use Translator for the job, but it gets confused when MP client is running (not a bug, just me not configuring it correctly). I will work that out eventually, it is one less application running then.

Regards

John

Neptuni

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 17, 2007
    Linkoping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    A few questions on windows message

Hello!

I have some questions regarding IR-server Suite, i'm trying to have my Home Automation PC to keep track of the status of my MP-clients, are there any functionality in the Suite (like your message plugin) to send status for different actions and to communicate with for instance EventGhost?
    Is it correct that it only handles input massages?
    I also want my clients to wake up the server with the use of WakonLan when I enter TV or Video, is it doable with the Suite?

I tried the Message plugin, but i suppose that its not compiled for 0.2.3.0 or SVN?

Thanks for excellent plugin!

Best Regards,

Mikael A, Sweden

riadmelb

Portal Pro
    July 9, 2006
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Standby problem still there

Hi Aaron,

Today I've upgraded from version 28/10 to Version 1.0.4.1 + both patches. Everything seems to be working fine except resuming from standby still halting the service; I have to restart the service to get it running again.

I'm still waiting for the Foxtel remote buttons mapping with translator to be implemented, but it's not important at all.

Thank you for your valuable time Aaron.

Riad

EDIT: I tested same version today (1.0.4.1 + both patches) and this time it worked fine in standby, I took the pc to standby three time in a raw and still working!!! I tried this with both clients and it works ok. I think I was wrong and didn’t test it properly before.

Neptuni

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 17, 2007
    Linkoping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Some issues

Hello Aaron,

I get the 1.0.4.1 version running rather good, with MCE rc6!

Standby and resume (S3 and S4) ok !

I have two issues;

1) Error using macro , message "Object reference not set to an instance of an object", when using serial command an pause action. (switching the amp on/off)
    2) The "back" button not working...

I installed the latest version, uninstalled MCE replacement driver, removed the register keys and removed all remotes and added MCE full remote. Have I forgotten anything?

Otherwise working perfect, thanks for excellent work!

Another question, how do set up it to send an serial command to my reciever when I enter "My Music" for instance, to deselect 7.1 output from the amplifier (Marantz SR5500)

Thanks,

Mikael

trapezz

January 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    OK,

I have MCE Remote & Keybord and Vista Home Premium. I recently installed IR Server Suite 1.0.4.1 and also deleted keys from "CodeSetNum0" to "CodeSetNum3" in registry. Then I tried Translator to assign actions to remote keys. Everything worked ok since I tried to setup volume control (master windows volume) - I found no such a command in Translator.
    Before I removed keys from registry, volume control worked fine and also UP&DOWN worked better (acceleration) but naturally there were double presses on some keys. Is it possible to leave default key mappings for some keys?

I noticed that some programs do not show in the Task Switch in the Translator OSD (ex. friptv.sourceforge.net).

I also tried the replacement driver but in that case my keyboard didn't respond at all.
    Is there any chance to make it work all together - remote&keyboard in Vista? As I could read trough the forum programs such as EventGhost and HIP do not work with IR Server suite in Vista or is there any way to make them work?

bye

bonson59

January 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Thanks

Thanks for the IR server software Aaron.

I've been trying for days to get my MCE remote to work reliably with Winamp (cause I couldn't get Mediaportal to do what I wanted, but that's another issue) in both window and fullscreen.

When I tried your IR Server with the mod to the registry everything works, and works smoothly.

Thanks again :D

jwx

January 21, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Xbox 360 Universal Media Remote

I've just put together my first HTPC and am currently trying to get everything to not only work, but to work smoothly.

I'm running MediaPortal on MCE 2005 SP2 in an Antec Fusion V2. When it came to the remote I thought it'd be great if I could re-use my Xbox 360 Universal Media Remote and for that purpose downloaded and installed IR Server Suite.

Unfortunately, things haven't been working so well. Not at all, actually. I keep getting "Command Not Defined" on the display whenever I press a button on the remote and trying Learn in Translator doesn't work either. Extensive googling hasn't helped either.

Being new to this, I'm probably missing something here.

My main question is: Is it possible to use the Xbox 360 Universal Media Remote with IR Server Suite? Or rather, with MediaPortal?

If so, how would one go about? Is there something you need to install in addition to what was installed with the IR Server Suite installation? I have installed the drivers for the Antec Fusion, which are supposed to make the IR receiver at least MCE remote compatible. Do I need anything else? (I, perhaps naively, thought that you could just click a button in front of the IR receiver and have IR Server Suite record the specific signal and then assign it to a command. Basically, that IR was IR and that was it.)

If it's not possible to use the 360 remote, what's a good remote? The MCE remote? I've read that it can cause conflicts with the Xbox 360, anyone with experience?

Finally, are there any better alternatives? Does anyone have a good remote to recommend for use with MediaPortal (and perhaps even Media Center if I should decide to go that route)?

I apologize if last part is too off topic, but being completely stuck is very frustrating so I'd really appreciate any help/advice you can give. Thanks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom