IR Server Suite - Version 1.4.2 Test Build 3158/3281 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

russ_kz

Portal Member
September 24, 2009
Gents,

Could you please advise URL where I can download the latest version of IRSS.

Many thanks

ccna55

Portal Member
June 16, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hello all,
I am one of the lucky ones :( whom use comcast and they are switching to all digital so now i need to use a DTA STB box.
My current media portal setup is/was working great i was able to record 2 shows at once and i even had my RCA inputs working from my digital box to record any channel i wanted (As long as the digital STB didnt change). i never really used any blaster or remotes as i had a wireless keyboard and mouse so i am a newbie to these things.

However after playing with ir server suite i did finally get the remote working(before introducing STB) still had sticky keys issue but thats a different whole different issue..now that i have a pace DC 50x STB i have no idea how to get this to work with media portal. i have searched all threads and internet to find out how to configure ir server suite with pace 50x and could find out much info.

If someone can point me in some type of documentation or direction it would be greatly apprenticed.
Note: the pace dc50x only has RF in/out no Svideo or composites

Also i dont see the pace 50x as a quick setup so i dont know how to go about working with this.
Again i have never used blaster/remotes in the past so i am all new to this.

Thanks,
ccna55

I have finally got the STB working i had to use the VCR and hook it up to that and use its RCA outputs to my hauppauge 2250
however i still cant get the ir server to Blast the STB.

Attached are the log files for ir server
I am using Windows xp Pro sp3
Remote = RC6 IR
Transceiver = SMK rxx6000-0141E
STB = Pace DC50X
MediaPortal 1.0.2
IR Server Suite = 1.4.2.3086
I was able to get the Remote and Transceiver working under xp pro however i still have the sticky key issue(i will fix later hopefully)
However i cannot change channels on the STB i have mapped the keys in ir server plugin manually and set it to both ports. i tried just using port _1 or port_2 however no difference.
There really is not alot of documentation out there past the initial config part.At least i really have not found it.
I have tried using the debug client and it appears its trying to blast.
2009-09-25 15:48:35.484375 - Info: Blast IR
2009-09-25 15:48:35.484375 - Info: - Blasting ...
2009-09-25 15:48:35.781250 - Info: Received Message: "BlastIR, Response, Success"
but it still does not change channels.

I have changed a few of my tv channels for testing purposes to use the cvbs#1 which is where the STB is located.
If i manually change the channel on the STB box with the Real remote that came with it it works fine.

i have worked on this for days now with no luck.

Any help or direction would be appreciated.

Thanks,
ccna55
:(

stef0612

Portal Member
August 11, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
Dear all,

seems I've got thee same problem as madmat with my iMon. IRSS does not receive any commands from the remote and the IR Server.log shows error message "Failed to get open devide". Any ideas how to resolve that?

I am running MP 1.0.2 and iMon in a Silverstone LC16 case with iMon 7.63.0831 version.

Stef

ccna55

Portal Member
June 16, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Can someone tell me if ir server suite supports XMP Protocol for blasting.
It looks as tho Comcast DTA pace dc 50x supports this protocol.
Maybe i have been trying to get this to work and ir server will not blast the XMP IR protocol.

Pace DC50X uses the XMP IR protocol

IR Code for Comcast DC50X DTA? - AVS Forum

Thanks,
ccna55

jasonmorriso

Portal Pro
April 19, 2009
Home Country
Canada Canada
Is there any way to download just parts of the suite? When I tried installing it, it broke a few things (would get "unspecified error" when I tried to access the TV from in mediaportal, and it would ignore Eventghost and move my cursor around my 2nd desktop.)

I have the IR input side working perfectly, I just need to get the blaster part working to change channels on my Bell Expressvu satellite box. And I believe all I need for that is the updated TV3E part. Or maybe the translator, since there appears to be a blaster plugin in 1.1beta

unknwn

September 30, 2009
hi everyone.

I am kind of frustrated, although way more pleased with IRSS than with EventGhost.. here is whatsup: I am running Win7 32bit with XBMC and this IR remote.

I don't use Win Media Center at all. Just never did and probably never will. The remote was purchased only for XBMC support; as you can imagine majority of the buttons on the remote are pretty much useless for me, unless I can re-program them to work with XBMC.

With the help of the IRSS and the Translator software I was able to turn off the default buttons and map all keys to all functions in XMBC.. all but a few. And here where are my issues:

1) I cannot make the volume buttons to work. Sending keystrokes such as {volumeUp} {volume_up} etc doesn't make a difference. This same goes with Mute button. I CAN make them work when I uncheck the "disable default buttons", but then, all my other buttons run win media center junk rather than xmbc. Is there a way around it ?. Oh, I also mean to use this in the System Wide, not just XBMC where I can send keystrokes "+" and "-".

2) On a side note, not as important as #1 - is there a way and if so - how, to send a command via the Translator to open a website in a specific ( default ? ) browser ? Can I map a button "radio" with "www.pandora.com" opening on for example: Opera ?

3) How to send a keystrokes inside XBMC with the help of the Translator to trigger "ShowSubtitles" command ?

tia for help :D

yvos

Portal Member
November 5, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
macbook windows7 mce (Harmony) remote

Hi,

I have the following configuration running on a macbook (supposed to be the same as a mac mini receiver) windows 7 32-bit.
Latest beta release 1.1.0 Beta 1 of Mediaportal. I want to use a harmony remote configured as mce currently (but I am willing to reconfigure the harmony if necessary)

I am an experienced user of Mediaportal for several years but I am new to IRSS.
I tried to configure both the IRServer aswell as the MP Plugin using mce and mac mini as devices.

Basically nothing happens when I press the remote.

Looking at the log file this seems logical (Failed to start receive plugin: "Mac Mini") but I have no idea what to do about it. Help is really appreciated.

EDIT:
Maybe it's just the log file but there is no directory called c:\svnroot on my machine. (c:\svnroot\mp-plugins\trunk\plugins\IR Server Suite\IR Server Suite\IR Server Plugins\MacMini Receiver\MacMini Receiver.cs:line 423)

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Maybe it's just the log file but there is no directory called c:\svnroot on my machine. (c:\svnroot\mp-plugins\trunk\plugins\IR Server Suite\IR Server Suite\IR Server Plugins\MacMini Receiver\MacMini Receiver.cs:line 423)

Debug info shows the path where it was compiled, in that case my local path ;)

the main error is the following:
    Code:
    2009-09-30 20:03:30.641772 - Error:	System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The data is invalid

If you want to spend some time on it please show up in #mediaportal and we can try to investigate what's the coding error in that plugin. I don't have the hardware to do the debug myself...

Simone

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom