IRSS not detecting Resume from standby (1 Viewer)

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi all,

I am running IRSS with MePo 1.2.2 (Miroslav's Sky SVN), IRSS seems to work ok (recieves IR and blasts), but....

I have two events configure Standby and Resume. These either blast my TV off or on.

The Standby Macro/event works fine, but the Resume event/macro is not being triggered. :(

If I run the Macro, it works. So it appeas the issue is with IRSS not detecting the HTPC has resumed from standby :(

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks,

J.

redeye19987

Portal Pro
    May 4, 2009
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Could simply be the old bug that has been around for a while? That is that TVservice starts before IRServer on resume which stops it from working. You should be able to add a batch file to run to fix this. You can attach this to your power scheduler plugin under the advanced tab in the TV server configuration.
    The batch file would be something like as below:
    net stop IRServer
    net stop TVService
    net start IRServer
    net start TVService

I used to have the problem too and this fixed it for me.
    Hope it helps you too?

Justin

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

Many thanks for replying, but this is on a multiseat setup - I only have IRSS installed on my client (and not on my TVServer)

Cheers,

J.

sdlitvin

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2010
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Could simply be the old bug that has been around for a while? That is that TVservice starts before IRServer on resume which stops it from working. You should be able to add a batch file to run to fix this. You can attach this to your power scheduler plugin under the advanced tab in the TV server configuration.
    The batch file would be something like as below:
    net stop IRServer
    net stop TVService
    net start IRServer
    net start TVService

I used to have the problem too and this fixed it for me.
    Hope it helps you too?

Justin
    On my Windows 7 system, the command "net start TVService" gets ignored.

I suspect that User Access Control (UAC) is preventing the PowerScheduler plugin from executing this command. Because if I run it manually myself, UAC says after that command, "Access is denied." I have to run this batch file as "Run as Administrator" for it to work.

redeye19987

Portal Pro
    May 4, 2009
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Give this a try:
    Create a shortcut to the batch file.
    On your shortcut select properties > advanced and check "run as administrator "
    Then in power scheduler replace the batch file with the shortcut.

I am running xp so cannot test on mine but the above seems to be a workaround to run the batch file as an administrator.

sdlitvin

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2010
    Home Country
    Give this a try:
    Create a shortcut to the batch file.
    On your shortcut select properties > advanced and check "run as administrator "
    Then in power scheduler replace the batch file with the shortcut.

I am running xp so cannot test on mine but the above seems to be a workaround to run the batch file as an administrator.

On my Windows 7 x64 setup, the option "Run as administrator" is greyed out for both the batch file and and shortcuts to it, and cannot be invoked. (I guess UAC is way too strict to allow this.)

What I may have to do, is define a task in Windows 7's Task Scheduler which will run the batch file on wakeup from sleep. Task Scheduler allows the administrator to define tasks which can run with administrator privileges. This requires me to know all the IDs of all the events that indicate a wakeup. I only know of one such ID: Event ID 1 seems to be triggered on wakeup, and I can set up a task which triggers on that. If there are any Windows 7 gurus around here who know about other such Event IDs, I would appreciate hearing from them.

redeye19987

Portal Pro
    May 4, 2009
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I am running Windows 7 x64 on my laptop. I just did a test and it is not greyed out for me:

Shortcut Properties (shortcut tab / Advanced button):
    BatchTest.PNG
    Batch Properties (compatibility tab)
    BatchTest2.PNG

The Batch file itself is though which is why I suggested the shortcut workaround. That's what Google told me to do :D

sdlitvin

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2010
    Home Country
    I am running Windows 7 x64 on my laptop. I just did a test and it is not greyed out for me:

Shortcut Properties (shortcut tab / Advanced button):
    View attachment 104541
    Batch Properties (compatibility tab)
    View attachment 104542

The Batch file itself is though which is why I suggested the shortcut workaround. That's what Google told me to do :D
    Even that fails to restart TVService.
    UAC won't allow PowerScheduler to restart TVService, and causes it to freeze instead:

"This snap-in is not responding. To return to MMC and check the status of the snap-in...."

jg7hhh.jpg

UAC is just not going to allow an unsecure process (like PowerScheduler) to run a batch file that starts up a service.

I'll have to do it the way I suggested--let Task Scheduler (which is a trusted Microsoft process) run the batch file at wakeup.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

Is the issue that you want IRSS to start after TVserver?

Why not set IRSS to have a service dependancy on TVServer???

J.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom