IRSS+STB: Possible to blast 'Power On' when record starts, 'Power Off' when record ends?

Discussion in 'IR Server Suite (IRSS)' started by stounedi, February 10, 2015.

1. stounedi

stounedi Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hey!

Is it possible to blast 'power on' command when a recording starts or you tune on a channel and 'power off' when recording ends or you stop watching the channel?

I'd love such feature, because my STB is iptv box and if it's left on its hogging a lot of bandwidth for nothing (esp. on HD channels).

I have a couple DVB-T tuners and Hauppauge Colossus, so the Power on and Power off blasting should happen only when Colossus is starting/stopping its channel. So that DVB-T recording would not start/stop the IPTV STB ;)

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mm1352000
    • Team MediaPortal

mm1352000 Development Group

Ratings:
    +8,205 / 17
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I don't think it is possible to automate that, sorry.

4. Len Lekx

Len Lekx Portal Member

Electrician
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Home Country:
    Canada Canada
    (Three years along, and no responses to this...? :confused: )

I've been asking myself this same question of late, and have been wondering about the possibility of running batch files instead of directly executing the blaster program.

Although I was thinking more along the lines of blasting the Power-on command before trying to change channels - since my satellite STB doesn't allow for coming out of standby mode with anything other than Power-On or Power-Toggle... :D

5. Starwer

Starwer Portal Member

IC designer
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0
    Home Country:
    France France
    IRSS also provide a command-line tool to blast your predefined Blast-command: IR-Blast
    First configure/register your blast commands in Translator (like: "Power-On", "Power-off"...).

The you could use batch file to call these commands using IR-Blast. See: IR Blast

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!