IRSS+STB: Possible to blast 'Power On' when record starts, 'Power Off' when record ends? (1 Viewer)

stounedi

Portal Pro
December 9, 2008
Hey!

Is it possible to blast 'power on' command when a recording starts or you tune on a channel and 'power off' when recording ends or you stop watching the channel?

I'd love such feature, because my STB is iptv box and if it's left on its hogging a lot of bandwidth for nothing (esp. on HD channels).

I have a couple DVB-T tuners and Hauppauge Colossus, so the Power on and Power off blasting should happen only when Colossus is starting/stopping its channel. So that DVB-T recording would not start/stop the IPTV STB ;)

Len Lekx

Portal Member
December 10, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Home Country
Canada Canada
(Three years along, and no responses to this...? :confused: )

I've been asking myself this same question of late, and have been wondering about the possibility of running batch files instead of directly executing the blaster program.

Although I was thinking more along the lines of blasting the Power-on command before trying to change channels - since my satellite STB doesn't allow for coming out of standby mode with anything other than Power-On or Power-Toggle... :D

Starwer

Portal Member
August 27, 2014
Eindhoven
Home Country
France France
IRSS also provide a command-line tool to blast your predefined Blast-command: IR-Blast
First configure/register your blast commands in Translator (like: "Power-On", "Power-off"...).

The you could use batch file to call these commands using IR-Blast. See: IR Blast

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom