IRTrans remote keymapping isn't working? (1 Viewer)

Bobsofa

Portal Member
May 19, 2012
Stuttgart
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

I hope I'm posting this in the right subforum. Used search, didn't come up with sth. conclusive.

I nearly have my AMPed MP where I want it. But the remote setup still gives me problems. E.g. I've tried to remap some buttons to have more control when playing DVD's/BD's (like DVD menu instead of home). I've assigned the condition "window: DVD" to the buttons and assigned the correct action "DVD Menu", but nothing is happening. So now to my questions: Is DVD the right name for that window? Is there sth. like an index of window names? Or did AMPed change the window names?

Thx for your help

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I've tried to remap some buttons to have more control when playing DVD's/BD's (like DVD menu instead of home). I've assigned the condition "window: DVD" to the buttons and assigned the correct action "DVD Menu", but nothing is happening. So now to my questions: Is DVD the right name for that window? Is there sth. like an index of window names? Or did AMPed change the window names?
    I am not at my HTPC at the moment, but there are two window names that contain "fullscreen" as part of the name:

TVFULLSCREEN (window id: 602)
    FULLSCREEN_VIDEO (window id: 2005)

If you want the remote-control button to work as defined when MP is playing fullscreen video (i.e. live TV, recorded TV, or DVD), you probably need to use one of the above. See this page in the Wiki for a full list of windows:

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/20_Reference/Windows

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Bobsofa

Portal Member
    May 19, 2012
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you for your suggestion. I've tried both, they don't work, as well as "Playing DVD". It always uses "home" instead of "DVDMenu". "Ejectcd" does not work either, even when it's set to "No condition".

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thank you for your suggestion. I've tried both, they don't work, as well as "Playing DVD". It always uses "home" instead of "DVDMenu".
    I have redefined various buttons on my remote control, for several MP windows, but I have not done that for fullscreen video, so I cannot confirm that it actually works (or what the correct window name is). Perhaps someone else knows?

"Ejectcd" does not work either, even when it's set to "No condition".
    There is an EJECT capability in the standard configuration, but possibly not in the place where you want it. From the "Home" panel, select "Videos". On the "Videos" panel, move the focus to the entry for the optical drive. Now display the "Context" menu; selection 4 is "Eject". :) To display the "Context" menu, you probably need to press the INFO button one or more times (depends on what skin you are using).

Bobsofa

Portal Member
    May 19, 2012
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you for your suggestion. I've tried both, they don't work, as well as "Playing DVD". It always uses "home" instead of "DVDMenu".
    I have redefined various buttons on my remote control, for several MP windows, but I have not done that for fullscreen video, so I cannot confirm that it actually works (or what the correct window name is). Perhaps someone else knows?

"Ejectcd" does not work either, even when it's set to "No condition".
    There is an EJECT capability in the standard configuration, but possibly not in the place where you want it. From the "Home" panel, select "Videos". On the "Videos" panel, move the focus to the entry for the optical drive. Now display the "Context" menu; selection 4 is "Eject". :) To display the "Context" menu, you probably need to press the INFO button one or more times (depends on what skin you are using).

Thx for your answer. I've done this as well a couple of times before. And I know about the context shortcut; some of users of the HTPC are getting on a bit and I want to make this as easy to use as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom