Is it possible for multiple clients to play the same music at the same time in sync automatically? (1 Viewer)

jonathantwynham

Portal Pro
March 27, 2013
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi.

Just wondering if there is anyway of getting all my client pcs to play the same music at the same time in sync with one client pc being the master in control?

I am wondering if eventghostplus and eventghost can be used but i fear there would always be lag...

Is this something that MP can do natively - i have network cables in each room before we plastered the house.. but it didnt cross my mind to run speaker cables!!

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    This is a feature that MP can't currently do. It might be something that could be provided by a plugin, but there is currently no such plugin.

There maybe 3rd party programs that can provide support for this, I know something like this exists for PC->iOS/Android, so you can have sound from both PC speakers and an extra 'cellphone speaker' Your best bet is google search. The other option is you stream music from your main PC, and you have 2 clients connected to the stream (main PC + extra PC) both connect and playback the stream, VLC can do this.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom