Is it possible to download all actors via Database editor? (1 Viewer)

charli181

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I am in the process of upgrading to 1.3 Final and moving my movie collection back to MyVideos/Titan to simplify my install throughout my house with clean installs and databases.

I am trying to prepare the databases and I have scanned my movies and fixed them all up(coverart,etc), but I am now looking for a way to update all the actors details/thumbs for all movies in one scan or do I have to do it movie by movie?

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    After you edit press Save changes to update actor info in the database.

• The Refresh button will download selected movie actor’s details for you. This will also overwrite your manual changes.
    • The Refresh all button will update actor’s details for all movies in your collection. This will also overwrite your manual changes

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...deo_Database?highlight=database#Actor_Details
    don't forget if you want import movie DB exist, you can use NFO files for this ... with all actors in movies

charli181

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks for that azzuro - my fault here :oops: - did not fully explain myself - i was after downloading all the actor details (i.e. actor images, bio,etc) for all movies in one go.... I can't see an area/button for that. You can do it per movie within GUI or the config editor but wondering if the full detail download can be completed for all actors in one go - big movie db's mean a very tedious and menial task ahead otherwise....

charli181

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    no just reviewed the wiki again and the line states

"The Refresh all button will update details for all actors for current selected movie. This will also overwrite your manual changes."

EDIT:- unfortunately, that is what is actually happening - it is only for the selected movie and not the whole collection....

Last edited:

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    i don't know, my quote is from wiki this morning ... :confused:
    @Deda : No solution for update all Actors in One click ?
    @charli181 : maybe use(try) XBNE, connected to MediaPortal DB (if is similar to 1.2) and update (and can create NFO file directly for future import) All missing informations. IMDB US working

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    You can update only all actors details for selected movie.

Last edited:

charli181

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    @azzuro : sorry for the late reply - I agree with you both, I saw your original wiki quote as well and then when I tested and rechecked the wiki, it had what I posted.

@Deda : What do you reckon that this kind of feature could be added in later versions, with maybe a check box in the actors tab to refresh all actor details at the same time. The refresh All button in actors seems to refresh all actors from all movies, so maybe just a check box enabled could invoke the function to refresh the details of each actor as it goes through the movies????

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom