Is it possible to search or filter non-movie videos in Videos plug-in? (1 Viewer)

cesser00

Portal Member
January 30, 2013
United States of America United States of America
Country flag
Hi everyone

I've been using Mediaportal 1 probably for 10 years now, and I've always used the standard built-in Videos plug-in for accessing shares on my Windows file server for non-movie/tv show videos, such as home videos, sports programs, funny commercials, etc.

I've never really thought about it till now since I usually just navigate to what I want, but is there a way to search for or filter results instead? For example, if I'm at the top-level video folder, I'd like to be able to search or filter for 'Baltimore Colts' and have any video in any subfolders with that phrase in the title appear on-screen. I have a feeling this is possible if my videos were actual movies and I scanned them into the video database, but obviously my videos are custom videos only.

Is there any way to do this? or something close to it? Thanks for any help.

cesser00

Portal Member
January 30, 2013
Country flag
With 57 people having viewed this and with no reply, I'm guessing this isn't possible, which seems very odd to me - I would think a LOT of people would want such a feature, especially if you have thousands of such videos.

SpudR

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    England England
    Country flag
    In general I think you are right, in that it's not possible (I will stand to be corrected on this one!). But...
    Try using the plugin Moving Pictures for your Movies and the in-built one for your non movie stuff.
    That way you can use the different sections of the skin to point to the different plugins and section out the bits you want :)

cesser00

Portal Member
    January 30, 2013
    Country flag
    Hi SpudR - thanks for the reply. I'm already doing exactly as you suggest - I use Moving Pictures for my actual feature films, and also use MP-TV Series plugin for television shows. As I mentioned, it is the non-movie/tv show media only that I share out via the Videos plugin. Really seems odd that a search option isn't possible after all this time, and that no one else out there ever wanted to do this. It would just be a standard search, akin to searching in Windows explorer for a phrase, and then the results would appear. I know that Moving Pictures has such a feature.

123vak123

Portal Pro
    December 13, 2010
    Minsk
    Belarus Belarus
    Country flag
    If you need keyword search, then, in pure theory, you can try to using the mvCentral plugin. Of course, that you will need to spend time for organize the database and fill appropriate fields.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    K 1.25.0 VOD from .m3u playlist. Is possible to watch? watch/edit Videos 7
    RoChess Weird GPU crash -- possible cause: resizing media MediaPortal 1 Talk 8
    P Recordings not showing up unless re-imported and not possible to delete General 0
    emphatic Pictures in the cloud - would a plugin be possible for services like Google Photos MediaPortal 1 Plugins 1
    SpudR IS this even possible? My TVSeries 9
    Lehmden [Videos] More filename possibility for MyVideos local fanart. Improvement Suggestions 26
    S Upmixing/upconverting to Dolby Atmos possible ? General Support 1
    T [solved] "Unable To Play" (Videos) rears it's head again. Logs not possible... WatchDog error attached!! :( General Support 1
    Lehmden Manual schedule: Possibility to enter a show name Feature Requests 1
    N [Proposal] Make text input possible with remote control in SMS style MediaPortal 2 1
    N [Finished] It is possible to map the same key to the same action twice MediaPortal 2 2
    Lehmden MP2 client for Windows 10 ARM, possible? Maybe an UWP version could do the trick... MediaPortal 2 11
    porky996t DVB Sat card possibly failed General Support 1
    D MP2.2: Possible bugs 2.2 Archive 20
    T Pause a recording possible? MediaPortal 1 Talk 0
    mp2-ulrich [solved] MP2 W10 watching tv not possible General 3
    horned_reaper [solved] Improved MBID Search for Artist and Album Fanart Handler 106
    S TV-Server MP1 - Automatic search doesn't work Installation, configuration support 2
    R MP 2.2.3 Search TV program only with the correct begin of show title General 7
    B How to Search MP2 for Movies only in 7 day EPG that comes from the Antenna General 3
    S search for transponder list, symbol rate 6900000 TV-Cards 0
    Terra Crash when searching movies, reproducable Moving Pictures 2
    Hotkey Search for external Graphic Card to use UHD w. 60Hz Video-Cards 0
    T MadVR + LAV Filters, Perfect in MPC-BE, Bad in MP1 MediaPortal 1 Talk 13
    rsbrux 1.23.0 MPE Manager Problem with LAV Filters Bugreports 2