Is it possible to search or filter non-movie videos in Videos plug-in? (1 Viewer)

cesser00

Portal Member
January 30, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi everyone

I've been using Mediaportal 1 probably for 10 years now, and I've always used the standard built-in Videos plug-in for accessing shares on my Windows file server for non-movie/tv show videos, such as home videos, sports programs, funny commercials, etc.

I've never really thought about it till now since I usually just navigate to what I want, but is there a way to search for or filter results instead? For example, if I'm at the top-level video folder, I'd like to be able to search or filter for 'Baltimore Colts' and have any video in any subfolders with that phrase in the title appear on-screen. I have a feeling this is possible if my videos were actual movies and I scanned them into the video database, but obviously my videos are custom videos only.

Is there any way to do this? or something close to it? Thanks for any help.

cesser00

Portal Member
January 30, 2013
Home Country
With 57 people having viewed this and with no reply, I'm guessing this isn't possible, which seems very odd to me - I would think a LOT of people would want such a feature, especially if you have thousands of such videos.

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    In general I think you are right, in that it's not possible (I will stand to be corrected on this one!). But...
    Try using the plugin Moving Pictures for your Movies and the in-built one for your non movie stuff.
    That way you can use the different sections of the skin to point to the different plugins and section out the bits you want :)

cesser00

Portal Member
    January 30, 2013
    Home Country
    Hi SpudR - thanks for the reply. I'm already doing exactly as you suggest - I use Moving Pictures for my actual feature films, and also use MP-TV Series plugin for television shows. As I mentioned, it is the non-movie/tv show media only that I share out via the Videos plugin. Really seems odd that a search option isn't possible after all this time, and that no one else out there ever wanted to do this. It would just be a standard search, akin to searching in Windows explorer for a phrase, and then the results would appear. I know that Moving Pictures has such a feature.

123vak123

Portal Pro
    December 13, 2010
    Minsk
    Home Country
    Belarus Belarus
    If you need keyword search, then, in pure theory, you can try to using the mvCentral plugin. Of course, that you will need to spend time for organize the database and fill appropriate fields.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom