Is MP2 able to rebroadcast FM channels?

Discussion in 'General' started by patton686, March 26, 2019.

1. patton686

patton686 Portal Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    Canada Canada
    Hey there, it may be a stupid question,I don't know...but: Can MP2 rebroadcast FM channels (like an IPTV server would do with video strams)? I got only one tuner and when I try to listen to the same radio station on two clients I get the "No more tuners are available" error.

Thanks in advance for your help!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cbr954rr

cbr954rr Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +7 / 1
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    For different channels on different transponders you need a second card, but thats also the same for tv channels. A card can only decode channels on the same transponder at the same time. You can also not watch different channels at the same time over one sat receiver.

Last edited: March 30, 2019
  4. HTPCSourcer
    • Team MediaPortal
    • Administrator

HTPCSourcer MP2 Product Manager

Ratings:
    +2,410 / 22
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    This is a bug in the current TVE3 implementation. When tuner 1 is engaged, another program will be forcibly allocated to another tuner, regardless of the program being on the same frequency or not. MP 2.2.1 will include a few TVE3 patches, but I am not sure if any of them is addressing this issue. Might be worth taking a look though, so stand by until the next version is released.

That said, TV/Radio cards or sticks have become quite cheap. You could consider adding another tuner, e.g. a USB stick.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!