Is MP2 able to rebroadcast FM channels? (1 Viewer)

patton686

Portal Member
February 5, 2019
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hey there, it may be a stupid question,I don't know...but: Can MP2 rebroadcast FM channels (like an IPTV server would do with video strams)? I got only one tuner and when I try to listen to the same radio station on two clients I get the "No more tuners are available" error.

Thanks in advance for your help!

cbr954rr

Portal Pro
October 31, 2016
Home Country
Germany Germany
For different channels on different transponders you need a second card, but thats also the same for tv channels. A card can only decode channels on the same transponder at the same time. You can also not watch different channels at the same time over one sat receiver.

Last edited:

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I got only one tuner and when I try to listen to the same radio station on two clients I get the "No more tuners are available" error.
    This is a bug in the current TVE3 implementation. When tuner 1 is engaged, another program will be forcibly allocated to another tuner, regardless of the program being on the same frequency or not. MP 2.2.1 will include a few TVE3 patches, but I am not sure if any of them is addressing this issue. Might be worth taking a look though, so stand by until the next version is released.

That said, TV/Radio cards or sticks have become quite cheap. You could consider adding another tuner, e.g. a USB stick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom