Is the virtual keyboard on screen? (1 Viewer)

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    I am continuing with my tweaks to the "DefaultWide" skin, and have got to a panel where the "Virtual Standard Keyboard" is displayed when needed. Now I would like to change some of the elements on the panel when the virtual keyboard is present. The keyboard is defined in "StdKeyboard.xml", which has a window id of 1002. So I tried adding this to the relevant panel elements:

Code:
    <visible>window.isvisible(1002)</visible>
    The problem is that this does not work. :( Hmm. So then I decided to output on the panel the value of "#currentmodule", and the value of the recently-discovered (yesterday!) "#currentmoduleid". This what I got. The first screen shot shows the panel before displaying the keyboard; it shows these values:

#currentmodule: Search TV Guide
    #currentmoduleid: 604

The second screen shot shows the panel with the virtual keyboard on screen; it shows these values:

#currentmodule: Virtual Standard Keyboard
    #currentmoduleid: 604

The name of the current panel changes, but the window id does not! :confused: So that explains why "window.isvisible(1002)" does not work.

search_tv.jpg search_tv_plus_keyboard.jpg

The next possibility was to use the value of "#currentmodule", since that does change when the keyboard is on the screen. I have used "#currentmodule" successfully on the LABEL tag, so I thought that I would try it on the VISIBLE tag. But that does not work either -- the outcome is always the same (never changes). :cry:

So, has anyone found a way of detecting whether the virtual keyboard is on screen and modifying the panel content accordingly? Thanks.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    ratata [solved] Can't get two virtual IPTV cards to work side by side... General Support 6
    M Unable to map virtual sent keys in the input device management General 6
    J Info button is virtually pressed with each button use in MePo 1.19 Remotes 8
    U [DVD] DVD Menu Navigation for HID keyboard Improvement Suggestions 0
    H MP 1.21 Volume OSD for 1039 MCE remote and MCE keyboard not working 1.21 74
    N Onscreen keyboard to still accept input from real keyboard Feature Requests 6
    azzuro MCE remote and Azerty keyboard other Input / Output interfaces 2
    A cursor.wav or click.wav set in keyboard and keys cause recordings to be set in upcoming episodes 1.20 2
    S MP unresponsive to keyboard input General Support 1
    F Blu-Ray Contextual Menu Remote Key/Keyboard Watch / Listen Media 5
    J Blue Screen Error Submit: Bug Reports 0
    azzuro [fixed] 5011: Version label in Splash screen - pos, size from skin MediaPortal 1 61
    G [solved] Black Screen on all videos after upgrading to either 1.23 or 1.24 from 1.22 General Support 4
    F After resume, TV Server connection screen is shown General Support 4
    H random black screen live tv and videos (amended) General Support 0
    M [Duplicate] Always enter full screen when entering TV from main Menu Feature Requests 1
    M Change size of the splash screen Skins and Plugins Installer (MPEI) 2
    T Animated circular icon persists in centre of screen. General 10
    G Occasional Black screen on Live TV and Recorded TV Watch / Listen Media 5
    P MP2 Client Screen Flickering on Resume General 2
    Rob Hexenmeister Work arounds for an alternative home screen General Support 3
    lisag Can I get MP1 to open in the Recorded TV screen? MediaPortal 1 Talk 2
    R Media portal resumes with wrong screen resolution General Support 3
    N [Finished] [MP2-806] Playing a recorded radio program does not show screen to allow skipping forward, etc MediaPortal 2 141
    N [Finished] MP2-803 - Delete full series doesn't work when viewing a program in the extended schedule screen MediaPortal 2 12