Is there a Tuner Stream Failure Alarm Plugin? (1 Viewer)

ChaosMageX

Portal Member
October 23, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Country flag
Is there any plugin that can monitor incoming MPEG streams from tuners that are being used for scheduled recordings and sound an alarm if those streams suddenly outright stop or severely drop in quality?

In other words, is there something that can get my computer to literally scream at me when recordings start to fail?

If not, how would I go about creating a plugin to do that?

I ask because my SiliconDust HDHomeRun tuners have been failing more and more often these days and I want to be able to know as soon as possible when one of them fails so that I can hard restart it and minimize my losses in recordings.

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Country flag
    Well, for creating TVServer plugin you need to know c# but I'm not sure if signal level is exposed to public methods.
    But what about investigating failing problems instead?

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Solved VNC did also work with the new monitor setup OK, decided to go to the most basic level and hooked this PC up to an HDMI monitor instead of the old tiny VGA monitor it was hooked up to for testing and it worked fine. So must have been something related to that old monitor or drivers or whatever. Haven't yet checked to see if...
    Solved VNC did also work with the new monitor setup OK, decided to go to the most basic level and hooked this PC up to an HDMI...
    *Update Recordings do work and I can view them from the folder but can't thru the client. Link for "system specs" isn't working...
    Replies
    Views
    Sorry, i dont use TV in Mediaportal at all. :) -- WBR, ajs :):whistle::coffee:
    Sorry, i dont use TV in Mediaportal at all. :) -- WBR, ajs :):whistle::coffee:
    Love MediaPortal 1! I've been using it for years, originally with the MePo client and for the last few years as a backend for...
    Replies
    Views
    Same as HTPCSourcer wrote, the process of this plugin is not a mass process. Depending where you download your xmltv.xml file, some websites propose to have a personal file (you choose what are channels in the .xml). An example for french country : It takes 2 minutes an 5 seconds for 4765 programs imported on my system : If...
    Same as HTPCSourcer wrote, the process of this plugin is not a mass process. Depending where you download your xmltv.xml file, some...
    I've finally finished mapping all the channels were scanned from my HDHomeRun over-the-air and cable tuners, which amounts to over...
    Replies
    Views
    How are things going Jamie? Have you given up, or are you just busy?
    How are things going Jamie? Have you given up, or are you just busy?
    I have so many symptoms that I am wondering if I shouldn't just uninstall and wipe everything and start over. #4 below is the only...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi Clay The log file shows the most likely explanation is that some channels are not mapped (linked) to both tuners: [2017-01-15 22:31:46,602] [Log ] [38 ] [INFO ] - Controller: find card for channel KTXA-DT [2017-01-15 22:31:46,604] [Log ] [38 ] [INFO ] - Controller: got 1 tuning details for KTXA-DT [2017-01-15...
    Hi Clay The log file shows the most likely explanation is that some channels are not mapped (linked) to both tuners: [2017-01-15...
    Hello, Can someone please help me resolve this problem with the MediaPortal 1.14 TV-Server and my HDHomeRun tuners? I have...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom