Is there a way to turn the number search function of? (1 Viewer)

LL81

November 7, 2005
I have some problems when I configured the number key’s for navigation trough Media Portal. The key’s working fine until I enter the movie, or music menu. Than the number key’s function chanced to a search option. The numbers allowing me to type letters and symbols, but I can’t move trough the menu anymore. Is there a way to turn this number search function of? The reason why I want to use the number keys for the navigation its because I have a Logitech Numeric Pad and I want to use it as a remote control fore my commuter.
If anybody knows the answer please help me, I have searched to solve this problem for almost a whole day!
:( :?:

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ahhh. would be nice to have an "official" statement here - I can't use MP with my Car-PC due to controling issues but could imagine to use a Keypad instead..

July 7, 2006
    Australia
    I have the same trouble.

I am having the same problem. Using the numpad as a navigational device on my Twinhan remote (having changed the MediaPortal key-map to suit the HID output), but there are times when it does not work properly because of this search option.

Is there any way to disable it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Thanks for taking the time to explain. I have downloaded your program, but not looked at it yet. I will look at utilising it when I get the chance. The Google download link for MovPicNfo is broken, so can't look at it. And there doesn't appear to be any alternate download sites available, according to Google.
    Thanks for taking the time to explain. I have downloaded your program, but not looked at it yet. I will look at utilising it when I...
    After initial testing, of MP2, on my bedroom HTPC, I have decided to wait until it's further development, towards attaining it's...
    Replies
    Views
    MPExtended (Mobil access) for MP2 only for TV access It's available and properly working since beginning of this year... I've used it until I switched over from DVB-S to SAT>IP in Spring 2018 where such things are no longer necessary at all.
    MPExtended (Mobil access) for MP2 only for TV access It's available and properly working since beginning of this year... I've used...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.2 Final Since the recent release of MediaPortal 2.2pre, we fixed some minor things. We now...
    Replies
    Views
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.2 Pre-Release It has been some time since last release, but we were intensively working on the implementation of new features and some fundamental changes in the core of MediaPortal 2. As a result, we proudly present the next major release of MediaPortal 2 in version 2.2. MediaPortal 2.2 is a...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.2 Pre-Release It has been some time since last release, but we were intensively working on...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.2 Pre-Release It has been some time since last release, but we were intensively working on...
    Replies
    Views
    See the original article on at OrigenAE. How do I use the RC197 remote Using the Remote Control You use the remote control to interact with most of the features in Media Center. Your remote control has five types of buttons: Navigation buttons, to move between items on the screen. Playback buttons, to control your media (for...
    See the original article on at OrigenAE. How do I use the RC197 remote Using the Remote Control You use the remote control to...
    See the original article on at OrigenAE. How do I use the RC197 remote Using the Remote Control You use the remote control to...
    Replies
    Views
    Historical reasons, so that if you update to a new version and it fails, you can go back to old one. As to why it keeps more than just the "previous" one, that I don't know. Probably made sense when it was designed (y)
    Historical reasons, so that if you update to a new version and it fails, you can go back to old one. As to why it keeps more than...
    The IMDb+ scraper-script and plugin combination for Moving-Pictures is the first scraper to support custom options, allowing you to...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom