IS there an Option to retune the tuned Channel on Errors? (1 Viewer)

Vlaves

Portal Pro
September 24, 2004
Hi,

I hope someone of you here could help me as in the past here on the forum :) I was searching for a option to retune the tuned channel if an error occurs. :?:
I was using DVBViewer for quit some time because it has this option to retune the tuned channel again after a specific time.
Is somthing like this implemented in TV-Server as well? I need it because somtimes switching to a Channel on the other Sattelite over Diseq
gives me an Error (No Signal), but when stopping TV and retuning the same channel again it works. :(

Would be great if someone could give me a hint about such an option and how to enable it if existing.

Thanks again for any Infos. :)

Regards
Vlaves

Teeo

Portal Member
September 28, 2009
Helsingborg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hello!

I have the same issue.
It's been a while since the first post but mayby there is someone with any answer.

regards Teeo

MaxT

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Yesterday I posted similar as improvement suggestion in the development section :)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    What version of MediaPortal are you using? Version 1.2.0 alpha (and maybe also 1.1.1???) changed the way the tuner is controlled. Take a look at the preferences for the tuner in TV Server configuration (sorry I can't give more specific instructions right now). Try stopping the graph rather than pausing it...

MaxT

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Thanks for your attention! I am using 1.2.0 alpha, motorised dish with 2 lnbs via 1.0 diseqc and stopping the graph. Out of hundreds tunes ( and turns) from one sat to another I hardly remember 1 or 2 successful tunes :( However second attempts to tune (after the dish already moved) usually are Ok.

Regards,
    MaxT

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I can try and help you :)

Please follow these instructions:

1. Delete your TV Server logs.
    2. Restart TV Server.
    3. Attempt to tune to a channel with DiSEqC where first tune will fail.
    4. Attempt to tune to the same channel a second time to show that tuning succeeds.
    5. Post your TV Server logs here.

MaxT

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Hi mm1352000,

actually I just realised that sometimes after the very first tune (after TVserv start) which fails, I have to switch to another transponder on the same sat for further tunes to be successful. The attached logs reflect exactly this and what I've described earlier:
    1st tune was to LIDER TV AZERBAIJAN (13 E) - fail
    2nd tune was to Vesti (13 E) - OK
    3rd tune was to A-One (36 E) - fail
    4th tune was to A-ONE (36 E) - OK

All three are FTA, but I feel (though not sure) that encrypted channels work more reliably (MD*** gives more time for proper tuning???)
    My sys specs are up to date. I recently updated drivers to Azurewave 1.0.8.100 therefore the card is detected as DTV-DVB BDA DVBS Tuner rather than Technisat
    as to settings, I use Tune - 35 sec, allow the card to be preloaded and stop card (rather than pause). I am not using reset graph option under debug options.

I will be really grateful if you could help.

Regards,

MaxT

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I see what you mean.
    My guess is that the DiSEqC switch command might need to be resent after the motor moves. The motor movement uses E0 10 xx xx commands (which means "send the following command to all devices"). Perhaps the switch gets a little confused and doesn't know what to do with the motor commands. Is there anything connected to the other ports on the switch?
    I will build you a test build that resends the DiSEqC switch command after the motor movement finishes. It is not a permanent solution, but it will tell us if the problem is with DiSEqC or with something else in the graph building. I really suspect it is the DiSEqC because you've already mentioned that you've tried stopping the graph etc.

One more thing for you to try. What happens if you do the following:
    1. Restart TV Server.
    2. Tune to FTA channel on satellite A with motor movement required (we expect this to fail).
    3. Tune to another FTA channel on satellite A (we expect this to succeed).
    4. Tune to a third FTA channel on satellite A (what happens???).

:D

MaxT

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 9, 2009
    Home Country
    This works OK for 3 and even 4 tunes :) I have not tried creating a group of FTEs to run the stress test, but believe that this will be OK as well. I attach logs.

As to diseqc connection, I have card -> motor ->diseqc 1.0 -> 2 LNBs: AA is Ku Linear and AB is Ku Circular

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    This works OK for 3 and even 4 tunes :) I have not tried creating a group of FTEs to run the stress test, but believe that this will be OK as well. I attach logs.

As to diseqc connection, I have card -> motor ->diseqc 1.0 -> 2 LNBs: AA is Ku Linear and AB is Ku Circular

Okay, so my theory seems plausible. :D
    I'm at work at the moment. I'll post a test build and instructions for you in about 8 hours...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom