IS this even possible? (1 Viewer)

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    I'd like to pass a parameter through the skin to play the next un-watched episode for the series I've just watched. Lets call it simply 'next'.

So for instance:
    If I had just watched - Series/season 1/series - s01e02 - epname.ext
    I could press the button to watch - Series/season 1/series - s01e03 - epname.ext
    This would also need to progress across the seasons so if I were at the last episode of /season 1/ it would play the next episode in /season 2/

@ltfearme Is this even possible?
    I know that there is a setting in TVSeries that will play the next un-watched episode when pressing 'play' on the series so currently I just open the series view and press play on the selected series - but a button marked 'Next in the series' would be nice...

Lichloathe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    An example of this is why I use the Apollo skin. In the tv series panel on the home screen we can play the next unwatched episode of the latest 3 watched shows. This uses the latest media handler plugin. Very handy but probably not what you are looking for. Great idea for tv series plugin natively though.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    On an indirect related note, be sure to activate the extra option that you don't accidentally skip an episode (somewhere in config), because depending on your settings MP-TVSeries might not be aware that the episode it thinks is "next" skips over one that was not added. That way if you are presented to play 1x10, but last episode you watched was 1x08 and your system does not have 1x09 it will give you a dialog asking if you are sure to continue.

Ran into that once due to a mishap on a resume-from-hiatus, and asked damienh if he could add this option, and it has saved me often from mistakes :)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Anything is possible :)

Let me know how you go with the options already presented ;)

@RoChess, I also got saved the another day with that option to warn on episode skipped. My Wife was using Kodi in the other room to catch up on the same show she keeps falling asleep on, but she unknowingly skipped ahead.

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    How did that then ended up saving you?
    Black-eyes can be painful!
    ;)

[x] Check on playback of episode is out of order <-- THIS !!!!

Might want to correct the English on that:
    [x] Check on playback if episode is out of sequence
    'Out of order' means broken!

Last edited:

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Right - I've found the option to display the next episodes in the series BUT
    If there are <3 episodes left then you just get black squares as placeholders for the other episodes.
    Think I'll pass the parameters by changing the 'Unwatched' tile.
    So is there such a parameter or how can I do it??

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom