Is this possible? Need a bit of help (1 Viewer)

tbeehler1974

December 1, 2005
Hello,

I posted this in another forum, but thought I'd ask it here. Forgive me if it's somewhere in the forums (I looked, but didn't see anything) but I have a new Sony 400 disk DVD changer (The 995 model) and was wondering if I could use Media Portal and a USBUIRT unit to be able to make my own online DVD collection. In other words, I'd like to manually put in all of my DVD titles to MP, then when I pick one I want to see, have MP send a signal through the USBUIRT to the DVD player which tells it which slot to load and to play. I don't know how feasable it is, but when I picked up the DVD changer and saw its HORRIBLE interface for DVD's, I knew I had to do something. I've used MP before for a short while, but with all the advances lately, I thought I'd ask about this one. Also, if the USBUIRT won't work, is there another way of doing something like that? Thanks in advance.

Travis

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    This would be great to get MP to interface with a DVD changer. I think that will be the way I go when I get some spare cash (maybe next year). This would be a great project but would need to interface with specific changer and also need to make changes in the my DVD plugin to make this happen.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom