Is this possible? (1 Viewer)

Game_dude

Portal Pro
February 28, 2006
Indiana
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
For example I have a lot different categories for example Laurel and Hardy when I go to that I have year then 1920's,1930's etc.. is it possible at the top of the page instead of saying Moving Pictures above 1920's etc to say Laurel and Hardy for example and for any other of my categories? I know it'll do this if you don't have a sub category. I hope this makes sense as I explained it the best I could lol.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
Yes this is possible but you will have to modify the skin you are using. Specifically swap out some text in an XML file somewhere. In this XML file will be a label with the text "Moving Pictures" or maybe "#MovingPictures.Settings.HomeScreenName". I think you need to swap that out with #MovingPictures.SelectedNode.parent. I can't be any more specific than that unless you tell me which skin you are using. I hope this helps.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
If you are asking if this will apply to everything, yes. You would basically be modifying the template that is used to display categories, so a change would apply to everything.

I am sorry though I am not familiar with Black Glass. I took a glance at their source code but I wasn't able to track down the bit your looking for. I bet if you asked in the Black Glass forum though someone could point you in the right direction. It's a simple modification, i am just not familiar with the skin.

Game_dude

Portal Pro
February 28, 2006
Indiana
Home Country
Basically what I'm wanting to do is for example my Laurel and Hardy category has a "year" sub category when going into that category and selecting say 1920's after going into that category at the top above 1920's it still says Moving Pictures or in my case Movie Library since that is what I have the gui named to. Instead of it displaying Moving Pictures or whatever I have there I would like it to say Laurel and Hardy but also the same for example Charlie Chaplin since I have a "year" sub category for him as well. I really hope this makes sense :( and I might give a shot at asking there.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
I understand. What you are trying to do is possible by making the change I described above. Unfortunately I do not have any knowledge on Black Glass so I can not be any more specific. But if you asked in their subforum they could probably tell you exactly which bit of text in your skin files you need to change.

Tgx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Yes this is possible but you will have to modify the skin you are using. Specifically swap out some text in an XML file somewhere. In this XML file will be a label with the text "Moving Pictures" or maybe "#MovingPictures.Settings.HomeScreenName". I think you need to swap that out with #MovingPictures.SelectedNode.parent. I can't be any more specific than that unless you tell me which skin you are using. I hope this helps.

I'm trying to help @Game_dude for his request, but the property "#MovingPictures.SelectedNode.parent" does not work and is not mentioned in your skinning guide.

Thanks

Tgx

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    Wow, I am very sorry about this. I am releasing a build later today and will include a fix. I will post a followup here with more details once it's available. Literally for years I thought that field was there and working correctly...

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    Okay should be fixed in the new release. Please use "#MovingPictures.SelectedNode.Parent.name" for the name of the parent category. I will try to get the skin design guide updated as soon as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom