Is this skin design possible? (1 Viewer)

mba

Portal Pro
September 16, 2005
Aarhus
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I am sorry for this vague question, but as I am no graphics-guy and have only shortly tried to change something in a MP skin I am a bit hesitant to begin designing my own skin without consulting some of you pro's.

The idea is simply a very-very simple skin, no animations, no graphics, except for text and background color. An artist conception of the idea can be seen in the attached image. I like it very clean and simple with no fuss, no bells or whistles.

I tried very shortly to mold the good old blue widescreen skin into my design, but it just wasn't as simple as I thought, I think my conclusion was after an hour or two that the skin was forced to include animation transitions, or am I totally wrong?

So my question is, is this possible?

Best regards
Martin

Attachments

• mp_skin.png
    mp_skin.png
    26.8 KB

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I imagine that would indeed be possible, it is very similar to maya homescreen but it's horizontal instead of vertical.

ryan20021982

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 27, 2008
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Monochrome alos uses this same style for basichome screen but with images for the buttons, all you would need to do is remove the images and it would be what you want.

mba

Portal Pro
    September 16, 2005
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    thanks guys! sorry for replying so late but i've been down with flu the last couple of days.
    I will try to hack some of the suggested skins, and maybe Ill post a skin for review/download at some point.

Spragleknas: yes sometimes I just get enough of fancy animations and buttons with photos (no offence to the very talented skinners out there) and would like a simplistic functional design

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    try maya, it hardly has any graphics or buttons it's quite simple. the maya thread has screenshots, it might be what you are looking for and a lot easier than creating your own skin.

OnkelChris

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Is this skin design possible?

i am working on a similar project... will post in the skin thread, when it's ready for public :p

mba

Portal Pro
    September 16, 2005
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I must agree maya is definitely a nice skin, but its still not 'clean' enough.

The look I am after is exacly like the image I posted.

Only text, no photos and no gradient-stuff in the background, just a plain white'ish background color and orange text.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom