Is this skin design possible? (1 Viewer)

finrudd341

Portal Pro
February 24, 2008
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Home Country
Brazil Brazil
Interesting choice, and I know of a hotel in NYC that opened late last year that requested the same thing for their in-room entertainment portal (IPTV and IPVOD) - a very simple, clean look. It actually works very well.

mba

Portal Pro
September 16, 2005
Aarhus
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I hope it will, imo often the content you are displaying like dvd covers, music covers and photos in icon-view is enough to make any UI look cluttered and messy, therefore a lot of gradient-shiny-looking-buttons with photorealistic icons will make it even more messy.

But I don't now if I will succeed in making this skin, as I already having trouble with MP wants to impose stuff on me :) I Have attached a screenshot of a totally empty basic home screen where I have made the background of a 1x1 pixel with color I want to use as background. First off, why can't I use a background color instead of having to use a texture? Secondly why will MP make that gradient stuff to my background and why does it look all pixelated? The only control in my xml file is one that specifies the background texture.

Attachments

• background.png
    background.png
    11.3 KB

OnkelChris

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Is this skin design possible?

there are some more xml files in your skin folder ;)

is you take blue3 as basic, then check the references.xml. there are some "standard" actions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom