is this xmltv file compatible with MP ? (2 Viewers)

ipguy

Portal Pro
May 10, 2011
Home Country
hi guru's

anyone know if the xmltv data located here is compatible with MP's xmltv plugin ?

i can get the channels to import, it says its found 140, (though no programs) so when i go to mappings, it doesn't find any programs data at all to map

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    i can get the channels to import, it says its found 140, (though no programs) so when i go to mappings, it doesn't find any programs data at all to map

No need to start a new thread - I did see your question. ;)
    So the channels have been found. You should be able to link the Tuning Channels (MP channels) to the Guide Channels on the mapping tab. If you don't create and save that channel mapping then programs won't be imported.

Process:
    1. Import XML file - no programs will be imported at this stage.
    2. Set up mappings on the mapping tab. Link MP channels to the channels that are available in the EPG data. Save.
    3. Import XML file - programs for the channels that you have mappings for will be imported.

ipguy

Portal Pro
    May 10, 2011
    Home Country
    thanks mm1352000 :)

though i'm not sure what i actually need to do at point 2.
    If i try and map channels i get an error "no tv-channels available to map"

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    So you've extracted the xml file to your desktop, and you've also put an xmltv.dtd file on the desktop? I think I need to see logs if you've done that...

[Edit: hang on, in the second screenshot you haven't selected a channel group. That is probably what the message means - no MP channels to map the guide channels to. Have you "created" the MP channels either through scanning, manually adding them, or DB manipulation? If so, you're meant to select a channel group from the drop-down box then click "load"...]

ipguy

Portal Pro
    May 10, 2011
    Home Country
    yes, i have the dtd on the desktop, it's a default dtd, not sure it's even the right one or if there is a right and wong dtd.
    ok as i'm new to MP, where do i find the logs ?
    sorry to ask for hand holding

EDIT: channel group, no, haven't done that, will give it a try

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Edited my post above. The dtd should be fine as long as it is either from the XMLTV website or the folder created by MP...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Log location varies - I don't know what OS you're using. There should be a shortcut to the log files in the Team-MediaPortal->TV Server folder in your start menu.

ipguy

Portal Pro
    May 10, 2011
    Home Country
    i've grabbed the logs and also included the dtd and xmltv guide data (see attached)

ipguy

Portal Pro
    May 10, 2011
    Home Country
    i've already noticed a problem, the dtd is just a example dtd, though i have no idea how to generate a real dtd or what a dtd is and why it's used.

the only channel group i can see in mappings is "all channels", if i select it and load/refresh i'm still presented with the "no tv-channels available to map" error

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom