ISOs and Black Screens (1 Viewer)

ybxx53

April 18, 2009
Hey, sorry if this has been brought up already but I have searched through the forum and I cannot find the answers I need.

I have just tried making a copy of a dvd I own into ISO form so that I can watch it through mediaportal without any hassle, im having problems with it though!

The ISO plays perfectly in PowerDVD 7 but when I try to load it through mediaportal (its own player, through MovingPictures) it does not show any picture and only plays audio!

I have tried all the available codecs in the configuration pages but none of them help.

If anyone has any suggestions I would be very appreciative, I love the program and just want it to do everything i want.

Thanks
ybxx53

ZealotSix

Portal Pro
August 18, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I get that too, and find that if I skip forward or backward, the video starts working. I hope someone answers you with a solution because it bugs the hell out of me, but hopefully this will help you in the mean time.

steven83

Portal Member
September 8, 2007
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Also seen this problem, but only with powerdvd codecs. And when I first start a tv channel (also with powerdvd codec) then stop tv channel, start moving pictures and start a movie it's working.

Twinturbo

Portal Pro
March 29, 2009
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Yes, I have that problem to, but like Zelotsix says, if you skip forward you get picture. And like Steven says, it happens with PowerDvd codecs...

ZealotSix

Portal Pro
August 18, 2008
Home Country
I have a nvidia card, and I get this issue. I have never installed PowerDVD, so I don't think I'm using the PowerDVD codec. How would I determine what codec I am using for DVD and/or ISO playback?

solstars

Portal Member
March 26, 2009
Denver
Home Country
I have a nvidia card, and I get this issue. I have never installed PowerDVD, so I don't think I'm using the PowerDVD codec. How would I determine what codec I am using for DVD and/or ISO playback?

Go to MP config and select DVD. It will display your currently selected codecs. If you do DVD playback you have to have some type of decoder installed.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    44665d91a51eebfbf00375cf41811686.png

See: How to gather log files - MediaPortal Manual Documentation for instructions.
    --- PLEASE DO NOT COMMENT THIS MESSAGE ---
    Logs and system specs should always be added - just in case

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom