Issue with plugin initialisation (1 Viewer)

Calypsys

Portal Member
December 16, 2019
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
Greetings!
I have a problem with downloading subtitles in MP TV Series.
All plugins updated to latest versions.
Please see logs.
I'm running Win10 2004, MP 1.23, MPTVSeries 4.3.6, SubCentral 1.2.6

I also made a post here: SubtitleDownloader but im not sure if that thread is watched or something.
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• MP-TVSeries.log
    1.5 KB
  • SubCentral.log
    1.8 KB

Calypsys

Portal Member
December 16, 2019
Home Country
Well, the problem persists.. Can anyone help please? I wound up using mediaplayer from k-lite just to use subtitles...
Thanks

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi @Calypsys, you didn't provide a complete log for TVSeries, but there are some errors from the subtitle plugin log:
    Code:
    17-Sep-2020 23:47:37.477 Error [       PluginHandler]: Failed updating TVSeries [9811] 
    17-Sep-2020 23:47:37.477 Error [       SubCentralGUI]: Entered plugin from ID #9811, but failed to load an appropriate handler.

So obviously you have a problem, just not enough information provided to figure out why.

Could you start MediaPortal GUI (not configuration), shutdown and then provide a full set of logs. Note you can use the MediaPortal Watchdog tool from the start menu.

Calypsys

Portal Member
    December 16, 2019
    Home Country
    Hi @Calypsys, you didn't provide a complete log for TVSeries, but there are some errors from the subtitle plugin log:
    Code:
    17-Sep-2020 23:47:37.477 Error [       PluginHandler]: Failed updating TVSeries [9811]
    17-Sep-2020 23:47:37.477 Error [       SubCentralGUI]: Entered plugin from ID #9811, but failed to load an appropriate handler.

So obviously you have a problem, just not enough information provided to figure out why.

Could you start MediaPortal GUI (not configuration), shutdown and then provide a full set of logs. Note you can use the MediaPortal Watchdog tool from the start menu.
    Greetings!
    Please excuse me for not providing them earlier. I didn't know that all logs might be required.
    All logs are attached (please correct me if i didn't provide everything that is required).
    Thank you!

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_12_10_20__12_48.zip
      528.7 KB

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    @Calypsys, I noticed some issues with your skin settings. Before we try to resolve your problem I will like to try resolve that first.

Have you by any chance modified your skin settings? i.e. modified the TVSeries.Skinsettings.xml? If you can, can you please re-run the installer to potentially fix any issues with your skin files.

Also, I have an updated DLL attached which you can try which should protect against an issue seen in your error log. Please try that too.

Attachments

• MPTVSeries-4.3.6.5.7z
      742 KB

Calypsys

Portal Member
    December 16, 2019
    Home Country
    @Calypsys, I noticed some issues with your skin settings. Before we try to resolve your problem I will like to try resolve that first.

Have you by any chance modified your skin settings? i.e. modified the TVSeries.Skinsettings.xml? If you can, can you please re-run the installer to potentially fix any issues with your skin files.

Also, I have an updated DLL attached which you can try which should protect against an issue seen in your error log. Please try that too.
    No i've never touched the above mentioned xml
    I did the following:
    • Reinstalled MP with Default skin
    • Reinstalled MP with Titan Skin
    • Reinstalled MP with Ares Skin
    • Changed the DLL to the one attached
    aaaand, the problem persisted with all skins and after every re-install.
    Please see attached logs (last run was with Ares skin) - MediaPortalLogs_13_10_20__14_04.zip

Then i did a "fresh" install of MP and fresh install of all plugins and it worked (without the DLL you attached).
    Please see attached logs just in case - MediaPortalLogs_13_10_20__14_16.zip

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_13_10_20__14_04.zip
      532.1 KB
    • MediaPortalLogs_13_10_20__14_16.zip
      558 KB

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    @Calypsys, in your first set of logs the plugin is not initialising, Im not entirely sure why, I may need debug logging enabled to know more.

Looking at the MediaPortal.log it does not look like you are using the DLL I gave you:
    Code:
    [2020-10-13 14:03:25,228] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [INFO ] - PluginManager: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\windows\MP-TVSeries.dll' file version: 4.3.6.0

It would of been version 4.3.6.5.

Is this a problem for you now that you have a fresh install? Or is the one that is not working running on another machine?

Calypsys

Portal Member
    December 16, 2019
    Home Country
    Hmm maybe i put the DLL you provided into the wrong place?

Yes, after the fresh install everything is working fine on my machine and problem is solved.

If not for the logs, since all is fine now, here are the changes i made to the system from the point where everything worked fine till subtitles went kaput:
    1. Updated Win10 to v2004
    2. Installed latest version of K-Lite
    I know it's not much to begin with but maybe if someone else will have similar issue, it might lead somewhere..

Thank you kindly for your time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom