[solved] - Issue with the soundtrack 1 in MediaPortal 1.16.0 Pre & Final Release - DVB-T2 Germany

Discussion in 'Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server)' started by berlinerbayer, May 1, 2017.

1. berlinerbayer

berlinerbayer Portal Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Issue with the soundtrack 1 in MediaPortal 1.16.0 Pre & Final Release:
    Since Germany DVB-T2 restructuring on 29.03.2017 I realized that I have issues with the soundtrack 1 for primarly 3 channels: ARD HD, ARTE HD and ONE HD(sometimes also with bavarian channel).
    Not always, but often the soundtrack 1 for above channels in MediaPortal is warped/deformed or not played. This appears while Live-TV, but also for the playback of recorded TV's. If I change to soundtrack 2 then the sound is ok, but through the different languages most times the workaround is no solution.
    In the meantime I am sure that the issue is caused by MediaPortal through the following reasons:
    1. If I playback recorded TV's with deformed soundtrack over Windows 10 "Videos & TV" app then the soundtrack 1 is working fine
    2. If I watch Live-TV over the software from Hauppauge: WinTVv8 then the soundtrack 1 is also working fine
    3. The same soundtrack issue I have on my laptop, but also on my PC

------------------
    System Information
    ------------------
    Time of this report: 5/1/2017, 16:39:12
    Machine name: XXX
    Machine Id: {87DF36C2-5B41-4B7C-9D92-2ACDC1BB591C}
    Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 14393) (14393.rs1_release_sec.170327-1835)
    Language: German (Regional Setting: German)
    System Manufacturer: LENOVO
    System Model: 80VB
    BIOS: 2SCN23WW(V2.03)
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
    Memory: 8192MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 8036MB RAM
    Page File: 3174MB used, 6140MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 12
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 144 DPI (150 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: UnKnown
    Miracast: Available, with HDCP
    Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
    DxDiag Version: 10.00.14393.0000 64bit Unicode

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Owlsroost
    • Team MediaPortal

Owlsroost Development Group

Ratings:
    +4,131 / 1
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    As you have a GPU - Intel(R) HD Graphics 620 - that can decode HEVC video in hardware (DXVA), why are you using the (software) Lentoid HEVC decoder?

From evr.log:
    Code (Text):
    1. [2017-05-01 13:13:13,158] [1e26d098] [2794] - Filter: Enhanced Video Renderer
    2. [2017-05-01 13:13:13,158] [1e26d098] [2794] - Filter: Default DirectSound Device
    3. [2017-05-01 13:13:13,158] [1e26d098] [2794] - Filter: Lentoid HEVC Decoder
    4. [2017-05-01 13:13:13,158] [1e26d098] [2794] - Filter: LAV Audio Decoder
    5. [2017-05-01 13:13:13,158] [1e26d098] [2794] - Filter: TsReader
    Using LAV Video Decoder in 'DXVA Native' mode should give you much lower CPU load, which might help with the sound problems.

(See TV Codecs - MediaPortal 1 - MediaPortal Wiki - MP 1.16 should also have an HEVC decoder choice here)

4. berlinerbayer

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    The reason to take Lentoid filter was that the CPU took with LAV decoder 60% CPU and more(but without Hardware Acceleration). Through Lentoid decoder it came down to round about 30 %.

Thanks for your hint. I tested 2 different settings:
    1. LAV decoder & Hardware Acceleration with DXVA2 (native), but then the picure had two diagonal lines with squares, how you can see in schreenshot "MP-DXVA2 (native) Screenshot picture.jpg" -> -> settings see screenshot "MP-DXVA2 (native).jpg"
    2. LAV decoder & Hardware Acceleration with DXVA2 (copy-back). With this setting I can also define the Hardware device with Intel HD Graphics 620. T hen the picuture is good again -> settings see screenshot "MP-DXVA2 (copy-back).jpg"

With both settings the CPU load is down to round about 5 %, this is perfect. But the issue with the soundtrack 1 is still the same and not solved.

Attached Files:

5. Owlsroost
    • Team MediaPortal

Owlsroost Development Group

Ratings:
    +4,131 / 1
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    Please can you make a short recording (about 20-30 sec) of one of the 'problem' channels, check that it has the problem when played on your system, then upload it somewhere (e.g. Dropbox/OneDrive) so I can download it and test it on my system.

Can you post screenshots of your LAV Audio Decoder settings please?

6. berlinerbayer

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    The requested recording with 24 seconds is available under the following link:
    Dropbox - MediaPortal
    The recording had the problem while recording, but also when I played it on my system. If you change to soundtrack 2, then it's working fine, if you change back to soundtrack 1 again, then the issue is more present.

===============================
    Here are also the screenshots of the LAV Audio Decoder settings:

Attached Files:

7. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Portal Pro

digital media designer
    Ratings:
    +89 / 1
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    I guess this time my hint from here is helpful ...

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. berlinerbayer

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Your hint is defenitly helpful...I installed now LAV Filters version 0.69.0-44 and the sound is working. I am impressed about the easy solution...

• Like Like x 1

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!