March 9, 2009
Rapid City, SD
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
TV-Server Version: SVN-Snapshot:-03-07-2009 01-58h - Revision:21864.rar
MediaPortal Version: SVN-Snapshot:-03-07-2009 01-58h - Revision:21864.rar
MediaPortal Skin: Blue3wide
Windows Version: Windows Vista sp1 + Hotfixes
CPU Type: Intel Penium 4 3.0Ghz (model 630)
HDD: WD 40G
Memory: 1.0Gb
Motherboard: Intel 915GUX
Video Card: ATI 4350
Video Card Driver: 9.2
Sound Card: Built in ATI realtech for HDMI
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: ATI Theater Pro 550
1. TV Card Type: analog
1. TV Card Driver: 9.2
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: MPC
MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPA
h.264 Video Codec: MPC
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Midcontent
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply: Roswell 500W
Remote: Sapphire MCE
TV: HP
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

When changing the channel on the My Tv from channel 5 to channel 6 the TV image goes black for a few seconds and then a still image of the previous channel is shown. If I pause the the tv and then play it again, the station plays perfectly. If I switch channels, the same thing happens all over again.

Some others that have reported this:
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/389089-post76.html
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/388710-post53.html

x4mer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    You're getting this error in your TV server error log

2009-03-09 09:47:15.300151 [10]: Exception :TvLibrary.TvException: Cyberlink MPEG Muxer filter (mpgmux.ax) not installed The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)
    at TvLibrary.Implementations.Analog.TvCardAnalog.AddMpegMuxer()
    at TvLibrary.Implementations.Analog.TvCardAnalog.BuildGraph()
    at TvLibrary.Implementations.Analog.TvCardAnalog.Tune(Int32 subChannelId, IChannel channel)
    at TvLibrary.Implementations.Analog.AnalogScanning.Scan(IChannel channel, ScanParameters settings)
    at TvService.ChannelScanning.Scan(IChannel channel, ScanParameters settings)
    Exception :Cyberlink MPEG Muxer filter (mpgmux.ax) not installed The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)
    site :Boolean AddMpegMuxer()
    source :TVLibrary
    stacktrace: at TvLibrary.Implementations.Analog.TvCardAnalog.AddMpegMuxer()
    at TvLibrary.Implementations.Analog.TvCardAnalog.BuildGraph()
    at TvLibrary.Implementations.Analog.TvCardAnalog.Tune(Int32 subChannelId, IChannel channel)
    at TvLibrary.Implementations.Analog.AnalogScanning.Scan(IChannel channel, ScanParameters settings)
    at TvService.ChannelScanning.Scan(IChannel channel, ScanParameters settings)

This is the same error I posted about here

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/.../analog-problems-due-invalid-reference-56071/

Note the Edit- section near the end of post number 5.

sjbauer

March 9, 2009
    Rapid City, SD
    Home Country
    Channel changing issue still present

Well, I fixed the error by following the instructions that were listed in the other thread, but that still did not fix the problem with changing TV channels. The screen would still go black after changing the channel and then show a still of the previous channel. Then if I pause the stream and then un pause it the station will work untill the next channel change.

I have attached my logs when the issue happened after fixing the previous issue.

geov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2006
    Cape Town
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    I can confirm this bug, I have also reported it under the SVN-posts, but have not had any response to it....so here is my bug-report again.

With the latest SVN (21864) I’m still experiencing problems with analog channel change on the client not working correctly. This is the problem:

1) On client start TV…. At this point there is no problem, TV works just fine…
    2) Select a different channel….now a few seconds goes by with only a black screen, after which an still image comes on…therefore TV looks frozen.
    3) On my remote I hit the FFW button…All of a sudden the channel changes and TV works like normal.
    4) Now select a different channel, and the problem starts over again until I hit the FFW button….

Also might be important is to mention that I'm not using analog frequencies, but s-video input with IR-blasters..

My problems all started with “SVN-Snapshot:-02-28-2009 00-07h - Revision:21813”, when “Zapping, RTSP improvements” and the “TvGuide got an improvement to switch between channel groups” changes were added.

Logs attached

geov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2006
    Cape Town
    Home Country
    Hi sjbauer, we are being ignored....try changing the title to something like "BUG - Issues changing Channels". Perhaps one of the dev's will look into it.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    It's not being ignored, it is being worked on, with at least 3 developers involved.

Thought i'd let you know, just the Dev's don't have time to read or answer every post.

Regards

sjbauer

March 9, 2009
    Rapid City, SD
    Home Country
    Changing channel issue

Thanks for the update. Let me know if there is anything else that I can do as far as testing, different logs, etc. to help! I still have a machine that I can reproduce/test the problem on.

Steve

Ambass

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    Fixed in latest SVN #21950.

geov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2006
    Cape Town
    Home Country
    Now thats great news, I cant wait for the next SVN release....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom