[fixed] Issues & Glitches restoring previous selection (1 Viewer)

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    offbyone is OV working for you with latest MP2 builds?
    I get a failure when trying to start a video, log is attached.

morpheus_xx
    This problem also illustrates an issue with the focus restore in a case a superlayer (dialog / busycursor) is being displayed.

BusyCursor
    The focus restore takes the previous line here in example:
    1. item in 2nd row, 4th column was selected
    2. navigate up (1st row, 4th column)
    3. press enter to start the video
    4. busy cursor displayed and gone (playback failed)
    5. 2nd row, 4th column focused instead of 1st row, 4th column
    Something similar can be reproduced when navigating from 1st to 2nd item --> focus jumps between 1st and 2nd each time you press enter only

20130818_161811.png 20130818_161813.png 20130818_161815.png

Menu Dialog
    1. first item is selected
    2. navigate right to the second
    3. press enter to launch video
    4. menu dialog is displayed, but focus in list has been moved from 2nd to 1st item ?!?! in background screen

20130818_162234.png 20130818_162237.png 20130818_162241.png

Fanart binding / updatesWhen browsing episodes of a series the fanart is always reset when selecting the next episode of the same series.
    So in fact the context does not have changed.
    • It's similar to the episode description, which is also invisible as soon as you enter the menu or the navbar. But the episode title is still available when the focus leaves the list.
    • Does it make sense somehow to wrap the the list into a scroll presenter or anything to be able to restore the last selected item position when leaving the list and focusing it again, by pressing left and right. Currently the first item is focused all the time.
    • Could the fanart be fade in and out when it changes? Would be more smoth and improve the experience.

These are my finding after only playing around for a few minutes. I'll create new JIRA issues for them and report new findings directly within JIRA or the bug tracking forum during the week.

Last edited:

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What branch are you testing with?
    From the log a method is no longer found:
    MediaPortal.UiComponents.Media.Models.PlayItemsModel.PlayItem
    Anyone know what happended with it? :)

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The branch I am using currently is base on EXP_WIP, but customized:
    https://github.com/chefkoch/MediaPortal-2/commits/_custom_
    Build is available at: http://81.169.222.4:8085/browse/MP2TEST-DEV1-8/artifact

I expect that this has been change due to the resume playback feature.
    That's why I have not updated my MP2 since this change has been applied to dev :p OV was/is more important to me ;)

Last edited:

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    BusyCursor The focus restore takes the previous line here in example: item in 2nd row, 4th column was selected navigate up (1st row, 4th column) press enter to start the video busy cursor displayed and gone (playback failed) 2nd row, 4th column focused instead of 1st row, 4th column Something similar can be reproduced when navigating from 1st to 2nd item --> focus jumps between 1st and 2nd each time you press enter only 20130818_161811.png 20130818_161813.png 20130818_161815.png Menu Dialog first item is selected navigate right to the second press enter to launch video menu dialog is displayed, but focus in list has been moved from 2nd to 1st item ?!?! in background screen 20130818_162234.png 20130818_162237.png 20130818_162241.png
    Tommy, please try to reproduce this based on the FIX_ScreenRestore branch, maybe one or both issues are gone with this already.

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

The change can be found here: https://issues.team-mediaportal.com...eb86028e0b91c1cdafd652323babb3fc72761905#seg4

Even if the resumestate is optionally the "old" method could seems not to be found by the previously compiled plugin. Atleast it failed here, not sure if anybody else could confirm this.

Nevertheless the recompiling OV fixed it. I attached my own OV build, compiled against latest svn but without applying the svnrevision version (which should be moved into it's own msbuild task imo that can be disabled by a property for systems that don't have tortoisesvn installed). I might provide a patch for this within the next weeks ;)

Attachments

• OnlineVideos-chefkoch-build-MP2-WIP.7z
      4 MB

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    BusyCursor The focus restore takes the previous line here in example: item in 2nd row, 4th column was selected navigate up (1st row, 4th column) press enter to start the video busy cursor displayed and gone (playback failed) 2nd row, 4th column focused instead of 1st row, 4th column Something similar can be reproduced when navigating from 1st to 2nd item --> focus jumps between 1st and 2nd each time you press enter only 20130818_161811.png 20130818_161813.png 20130818_161815.png Menu Dialog first item is selected navigate right to the second press enter to launch video menu dialog is displayed, but focus in list has been moved from 2nd to 1st item ?!?! in background screen 20130818_162234.png 20130818_162237.png 20130818_162241.png

Tommy, please try to reproduce this based on the FIX_ScreenRestore branch, maybe one or both issues are gone with this already.

Still happening here, but tested and confirmed in OV only, so it might be due to a custom navigation / list / implementation, not sure.
    offbyone can you confirm this?

Last edited:

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OV has some custom focus handling (which might interfere with what MP2 now tries to focus?).

In Xaml:
    SetFocusPrio="{Binding Path=Selected, Mode=OneTime, Converter={StaticResource ovsBoolFocusPrioConverter}}"

Example:
    When going back from a subcategory to a parent category, that parent category should be pre-selected. But since category screen is the "same" I am not sure how MP2 would "know" what item to select.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    When changing the screen, a workflow action calls "SaveUIstate" where each control can save its required information (scroll position, focused element) in workflow context. If you navigate back, the state will now be restored when preparing the screen (before first render).

You might try to remove your own converter now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom