Issues running as non-admin user (1 Viewer)

milagroso

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    TV-Server Version: 1.0.1 clean install
    MediaPortal Version: 1.0.1 clean install
    MediaPortal Skin: Indigo 2.7
    Windows Version: XP Professional SP3
    CPU Type: AMD 64 3000+
    HDD: WDC 400GB + Seagate 500GB ST3500630AS
    Memory: 1024MB
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-K8NF-9
    Video Card: nVidia Geforce 6200TC
    Video Card Driver: ForceWare 175.19
    Sound Card: onboard ALC850
    Sound Card AC3: coaxial out
    Sound Card Driver: ?
    1. TV Card: Hauppauge Nova-SE2
    1. TV Card Type: DBV-S
    1. TV Card Driver: nova-hvr-cd46b
    MPEG2 Video Codec: PDVD9
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: Intervideo
    h.264 Video Codec: MPC
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Astra 19.2°E
    Remote: Q-Sonic 6in1
    TV: Samsung LE-40A789
    TV - HTPC Connection: DVI-HDMI

Hello all,

thx for this big release. I decided to chose the clean install and after 4h of reconfiguring and very quick testing I got some findings, related with non-admin-rights. I know that not all people think the same way, but I always try to work as non-admin and change to the admin account only for installations and updates. So here the findings:
    • The error log complained about the registry key HKLM\software\Team Media Portal... not being accessible
    • The data directory (C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\All Users\Anwendungsdaten\Team MediaPortal) is too restrictive. Should have writing rights for all users.
    • The OFDB & Co collector scripts which are downloaded automagically from the Configuration have their own restrictive access right i.s.o. inheriting them from the parent directory
    • Finally, I'm using MPtail and placed it beneath the MP program directory. MPtail keep a MPTailConfig.xml in the same directory, which by default has no write access to non-admins.
    All of these are easy to solve on operational level - just grant access rights recursively to the parent directories. However I think this may be solved for future releases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom