Issues with HD channels using PCTV nanostick t2 (1 Viewer)

k_p_abbott

Portal Member
January 20, 2009
I have Mediaportal 1.4.0 Final installed and i'm trying to get my PCTV nanostick t2 to work. It's fine on SD channels, but when i try the HD channels a get 1/2 second of crackled sound, then nothing but a black screen!

I've upload the mediaportal and tsreader logs... there seems to be a lot of discontinuity errors in the tsreader log!

The HD channels work perfectly with the bundled TV Center that came with the stick.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Last edited:

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    It should work OK - I use one myself :)

The HD channels work perfectly with the bundled TV Center that came with the stick.

Make sure that nothing else other than MP TV server is trying to use the tuners - un-install the PCTV software.

I use the drivers from Windows update i.e. I just plugged the nanostick in and let Windows download/install the drivers.

BTW - from the TsReader.log, you are getting continuity errors on the SD channels as well as HD.

Last edited:

k_p_abbott

Portal Member
    January 20, 2009
    I had the same issue though, before i'd installed PC TV software. I installed it as i thought their drivers might make the difference!

Last edited:

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Signal strength/quality look OK (about the same as my readings), so not really any ideas at the moment....

k_p_abbott

Portal Member
    January 20, 2009
    Quick update... installed the nanostick t2 on my laptop and everything worked well, so i completely uninstalled Media Portal, and re-installed on the HTPC and now everything works great! :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom