Issues with MCE compatible remote (1 Viewer)

Melloware

Portal Pro
October 26, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
OK then your remote must use the same firmware as the Speedlink SL-6399 remote. Unfortunately for this MCE Clone remote it does not work exactly like the others do. Most MCE remote spit out those codes in the bottom window on EVERY button push.

Your remote is a USB to PS2 device meaning when you push the Arrow Keys and the number 0-9 it is actually sending the keyboard keystrokes for those buttons. I think there are other remotes out there that are similar to yours so you should be able to get it to work with MP or IRServerSuite now that you know what kind of MCE REmote you have.

See this MP post for how to get your remote working with MP...

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/support-123/remote-control-sl-6399-configuration-34746/

mordred

Portal Member
April 17, 2008
Home Country
Greece Greece
Girder made nothing...Maybe I made the mistake.I'll try the KeyBoardInputPlugin

I don't know...Something I do is wrong...Neither this works.

OK I did it!Melloware you saved the day!Thank you.Ronny I'll post exactly what to do_OK?

OK I did it!Melloware you saved the day!Thank you.Ronny I'll post exactly what to do_OK?

Thanx to Ruud Senten and his aswome plugin!

mordred

Portal Member
April 17, 2008
Home Country
Greece Greece
OK.I downloaded the KeyboardInputPlugin.Folowed the instructions...About where to put the files.DELETED everything in keys and sounds.I configured the plugin, mapped the buttons of the remote and that was it!I had to restart the plugin.And have the use microsoft keyboard and MCE remote enabled in the remote section.

But I still got a minor problem.When I configure for example button home in MP to go in home menu MP goes to home menu but exits full screen.I figured out that this happens because Windows still gets the commands from the remote.So when I press home MP goes to home menu and windows makes MP to exit full screen.Is there anything to stop the remote from doing that;

r0nny

Portal Member
April 16, 2008
IT WORKS !! GREAT !!
I tell you what I did:
I downloaded the KeyboardInputPlugin.
Folowed the instructions...About where to put the files.
DELETED everything in keys and sounds.
Didn't need to map the buttons of the remote
Checked the MCE remote in the remote section.
It works very well!

Thanks a lot to everybody.
I suggest to post the resolution as a User Guide because thise cheap remote contrllers could be sold a lot around the world

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom