Issues with radio web streaming channels with TCServer (1 Viewer)

GregorV

Portal Pro
October 2, 2007
Bonn
Home Country
Germany Germany
TV-Server Version: Rev16281
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.3.0 RC3,SVN Build 16297
MediaPortal Skin : BlueTwo
Windows Version: XP Prof.SP2
CPU Type: P4 3.2MHz
HDD: 160GB
Memory: 2GB
Motherboard: ASUS P4C800
Motherboard Chipset: Intel i875P
Motherboard Bios: Awrd 1021
Video Card: GeForce 6200
Video Card Driver: NVIDIA 6.14.10.9371
Sound Card: AC97 builtin
Sound Card Driver: AD 5.12.1.3630
1. TV Card: Geniatech SATBox
1. TV Card Type: U6000 capture
1. TV Card Driver: BDA
MPEG2 Video Codec: NVIDIA
MPEG2 Audio Codec: NVIDIA
Satelite/CableTV Provider: SAT

Hi,

first my thanks for a great work. MediaPortal puts many multimedia functions into one single application that even can be used by less experienced users (my wife likes it on her pc).

I was waiting for TVServer to be able to handle web streams also and now it is comming. For audio we have it now, video will follow soon I hope (still no tuningdetails).
Especially the possibility to combine same channels from more than one source is great. But exactly here I have one problem and another wish.
First: when I have a web stream configured in my radio group this works fine, also if I have a radio channel configured in the it works fine.
Now the problem: If I combine a web stream e.g. 'Deutschlandfunk' with the SAT channel 'Deutschlandfunk' then it is no longer working.
It is dependent from the physical order in the tuningdetail table which cannel is the first to be tried. If I change the order (using MySQL Admin) the I can make either the web channel the first or the SAT channel the first.
While playing with this I found that if the web channel is the first then a combined radio channel works, but if the SAT channel is the fist the it does not even try to start (no message in logs, no errors). This behaviour was also crosschecked with other cannels.

What I want is to have the SAT channel fist and only if no card is available the use the web channel (because lower quality)

The problem is that it does not work, if it is configured in that order
And my wish is to be able to specify this order without digging in the tables

Also I stumbled over another problem when combining channels. If doing so it can happen that a channel (idChannel) that is already configured in a radio group does no longer exist. In this case it is no longer possible to open the group in the TVServer configuration tool. Only after deleting the records with no longer existing idChannal values (or correcting them manually) the configuration tool shows the TAB again.

Gregor

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom