[Approved] [Italian] www.mymovies.it (2009-07-27) (1 Viewer)

zbrr

June 3, 2008
Home Country
Italy Italy
Ciao,

I have the same problem described by FanoI, but I have a regular Italian XP Home installation.
So, it looks like the Windows localization has no influence.
Mymovies.it website seems to not use Unicode for these characters.
Hope it helps to find the solution.

BTW, MyMovies.it does not provides CoverArt until the end of the year ("because the huge traffic" they say).

zbrr().

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Ciao,

I have the same problem described by FanoI, but I have a regular Italian XP Home installation.
    So, it looks like the Windows localization has no influence.
    Mymovies.it website seems to not use Unicode for these characters.
    Hope it helps to find the solution.

zbrr().

I've had this problem for many MP SVN. In some SVN there must have been a change in MP that causes this problem (I don't think mymovies has changed something there).

I've noticed there is the same problem with the mymovies script in moving pictures.

I don't have a clear idea of how to solve this problem right now.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I've had this problem for many MP SVN. In some SVN there must have been a change in MP that causes this problem (I don't think mymovies has changed something there).

I've noticed there is the same problem with the mymovies script in moving pictures.

The issue with slightly unusual characters such as è é à ò ù ì is fixed in the upcoming release of Moving Pictures. The problem is that the HTML standard does not place strict requirements on the type of encoding a website uses. Because of this the application reading an HTML document needs to check the header for the encoding to properly parse the contents. The relevant code for Moving Pictures is here, but if any developers for Media Portal itself want further input send me a PM. Basically though, if this is, as I suspect, the same problem that we addressed in Moving Pictures, this will require a code change to MediaPortal itself.

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

The issue with slightly unusual characters such as è é à ò ù ì is fixed in the upcoming release of Moving Pictures. The problem is that the HTML standard does not place strict requirements on the type of encoding a website uses. Because of this the application reading an HTML document needs to check the header for the encoding to properly parse the contents.

Hi fforde,

should this problem already be fixed in 0.6.5 (or 0.6.4) release of Moving Pictures? Because I still have this problem. Or will it be fixed in 0.7.0?

Thanks

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Because it is a more complicated (and thus a higher risk) fix, we decided to push this back to 0.7. Sorry, but we just want to keep 0.6 as stable as possible and it would be bad if we inadvertently introduced a bug here as it could break importation for all movies.

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    One improvment request for mymovies grabber: handle movies separated in two files.

As you know if you name a movie file part exacly the same as the other and you add at the end "CD|cd|DISC|disc|part|Part|DVD" "[[0-9]{1,2}-[0-9]{1,2}" like

300 Part1.avi
    300 Part2.avi

then you'll see them as 1 movie in MyVideos section. If you call IMDB from there everything goes well :)

But if you call the scan from Configuration.exe you have to remove "Part1" ( refering to the above example ) manually. Would be cool if this can be automated.

Simone

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    One improvment request for mymovies grabber: handle movies separated in two files.

As you know if you name a movie file part exacly the same as the other and you add at the end "CD|cd|DISC|disc|part|Part|DVD" "[[0-9]{1,2}-[0-9]{1,2}" like

300 Part1.avi
    300 Part2.avi

then you'll see them as 1 movie in MyVideos section. If you call IMDB from there everything goes well :)

But if you call the scan from Configuration.exe you have to remove "Part1" ( refering to the above example ) manually. Would be cool if this can be automated.

Hi Chemelli,

I think this is a thing that should be handled by mediaportal itself, not the script. At least I don't know how to do it, the script is simply called for every single file, I have no way to know there is another file with a similar name.

But I will try to check the IMDB script to see what it does.

Edit: checked the IMDB original script and it seems there is no reference to multifile movies, as I suspected. It should be mediaportal that should find similar entries in the database/filenames and collapse them according to me.

Roby

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

300 Part1.avi
    300 Part2.avi

Hi Chemelli,

I think this is a thing that should be handled by mediaportal itself, not the script. At least I don't know how to do it, the script is simply called for every single file, I have no way to know there is another file with a similar name.

But I will try to check the IMDB script to see what it does.

Roby

My idea was just to strip out the final part of the file name before doing the search if it match one of those appendix :p

Simone

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom