[Italy] Grabber's URL changed: alice -> virgilio (1 Viewer)

mralolli

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi,

I'm a very new MP 1.0.1 user facing some troubles with the WebEPG grabber xml files available after the installation on the IT subfolder. I've found the following easy solution and seems to me useful sharing it within the community.

Simply edit the alice_it.xml file and replace "alice" with "virgilio" into the url address string; no other changes are required to get the TVguide downloads start working fine.

In my opinion, if somebody else can confirm good testing of this change, the SVN shoud be updated accordingly. Of course it is convenient to rename the new file virgilio_it.xml.

PS - Alice and Virgilio are both brands of the Telecom Italia group. Recently the Alice's web services have been completely redesigned and their former Tv Guide seems still used by the Virgilio web portal

mralolli

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Sorry, but where you have found the it folder because in my tv server folder there isn't any it folder.

Bye

My installation put the grabbers subfolders for specific countries in the MediaPortal program area;
    e.g. C:\Programmi\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\WebEPG\grabbers

Ciao

mralolli

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    :D Here we are !
    I can confirm 6 months of successful and reliable EPG grabbing from Virgilio.
    Furthermore you can easily extend the supported channels. E.g. currently I'm using the attached version of virgilio_it.xml, where the original list of TV channels (Terrestrial Analog and Digital):

Rai 1
    Rai 2
    Rai 3
    Canale 5
    Italia 1
    Rete 4
    La7
    All Music
    MTV Italia

has been extended with the following (Terrestrial Digital):

Rai 4
    Rai News 24
    Rai Sport Più
    Rai Gulp
    Sport Italia
    Sportitalia 24
    Boing
    Iris
    Facile TV
    Coming soon tv
    BBC World
    France 24

Satellite channels (Sky) could be easily included too. Virgilio TV guide supports them; they are not in the attachment because not captured by my system.

Attachments

• virgilio_it.xml
      30.6 KB

nick76

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Is it right that since a couple of days I cannot grab anymore any italian channel?
    I think Virgilio has changed the whole website and the reference is no more reliable.

Nick

mralolli

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Is it right that since a couple of days I cannot grab anymore any italian channel?
    I think Virgilio has changed the whole website and the reference is no more reliable.

Nick

:oops:

Unfortunately you're right. That means that my virglio_it.xml and the former alice_it.xml are fully useless from now on.
    With regret I'm going to put them on the basket and quickly switch toward the support of adnkronos.

x Chemelli
    Of course it is convenient to purge the SVN at the next opportunity waiting for further development.
    My intention is to analyze the new TV-guide versions on the Alice/Virgilio websites, more complete than the Adnkrons's one, but my low programming experience cannot guarrantee to get succesfull results.

nick76

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Hi mralolli,
    thank you... I'll wait for your news about the new grabber on Virgilio / Alice.

btw: I tried with adnkronos but I cannot grab anything.
    Nick

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom