[Italy] Grabber's URL changed: alice -> virgilio (1 Viewer)

nick76

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    works perfectly.
    thank you very much and if you create the new Virgilio/Alice grabber, please post it.

thank you again.

Nick

BioEgo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi! I'm working on a grabber for the new Virgilio tv guide and I have a partially working solution. I'll post it hoping it can be useful to someone with better skills than me in programming grabbers!

This version works quite fine but only for one day: I've got some problem in letting the grabber scrape for more days. The fact is that the site uses this form to decide what day you are looking for ".html?giorno=[WEEKDAY]": unfortunat...at there's no solution to this problem.... :(

Attachments

• virgilio_new.xml
      30.6 KB

Loghorn

January 9, 2010
    re: [Italy] Grabber's URL changed: alice -> virgilio

Hi all,
    I've made a little modification to the grabber code to allow it to handle sites like the new virgilio, where the names of the days are without accents (eg: lunedi insted of lunedí).
    I've also made a virgilio grabber.
    I'm unable to test the patch (and the grabber, of course) 'cause I'm having some problems building the TV service but it's really simple and I hope error-proof (at least the code change, the grabber may be totally wrong ;) )

Hope it helps
    Alessandro

Attachments

• virgilio_webepg_grabber.patch
      30.7 KB

nick76

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland

Hi LogHorn,
    thank you for the file... but how can I install it?

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

Hi all,
    I've made a little modification to the grabber code to allow it to handle sites like the new virgilio, where the names of the days are without accents (eg: lunedi insted of lunedí).
    I'm unable to test the patch (and the grabber, of course) 'cause I'm having some problems building the TV service but it's really simple and I hope error-proof (at least the code change, the grabber may be totally wrong ;) )

Hope it helps
    Alessandro

Once a couple of people confirm it to be working, I'll add to SVN.

BTW, I think you'll get wider testing attaching xml instead of patch.

Simone

nick76

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland

There's a way for a NON programmer to do that?

mralolli

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

There's a way for a NON programmer to do that?

Hi,
    I'll test the patch too, but only if the above is feasible and someone can explain how

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece

Hi all,

Hope it helps
    Alessandro

Hi Alessandro,

Simone asked me to take a look at your patch. Although the patch itself seems pretty safe, at this stage it is not possible to apply code changes for anything other than bug fixing due to feature freeze. I will however add this in mantis, so that it will be included after 1.1.0 is out. Since, AFAIK there is an alternative grabber (EPGdownloader.exe from HTPCItalia), I think it should not be a problem until then.

I hope you understand why it is important to respect feature freeze even for these small changes, and thank you for your effort.

Arion

Edit: Mantis issue added: 0002629: Allow weekday names to be configured in the grabber file - MediaPortal Bugtracker

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom