ITV-HD not working since 19510 (1 Viewer)

chris123

Portal Pro
May 31, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Like the others, I am staying with my current version of MP for now, to avoid losing ITV HD.

I am tempted to try Andy's workaround with RC3, but would prefer to wait until ITV HD is 'officially' supported. That said I would be happy to test an SVN that had experimental support..

Cheers

Chris

gloomyandy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2006
    Home Country
    If anyone wants to try using the old tsreader/tswriter files let me know and I'll put the ones I'm using on line...

Andy

pigboy306

Portal Pro
    July 16, 2008
    Home Country
    For info I can watch the place holder for ITVHD (ITVHD is not currently broadcasting) but cann't then change to another DVB-s channel if I change to DVBt than back to DVBS all is fine again. I am using RC3

gloomyandy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2006
    Home Country
    Interesting. For me I couldn't find anyway of viewing the place holder. Each time I started from no channel on at all. Nor could I watch a recording of the place holder. However with the old reader/writer everything worked...

Andy

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Last time I tried I would get audio only, then if I changed channels I would get audio only for any other channel too. Not tried in RC3.

gloomyandy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2006
    Home Country
    Hi,
    OK a quick update. I've just tried again with the RC3 reader and writer (so a standard RC3 setup). So starting from no TV on at all if I try to select ITV-HD it does not work (I get the no video detected message box). However if I then view another DVB-S channel like ITV3+1 and then switch channels to ITV-HD then it works. If I do the same but with a DVB-T channel then it again fails... I can however record ITV-HD no problem without having to jump through any other hoops. But with the latest tsreader nothing I do will let me watch the recording. However if I use the old tsreader then I can watch the recorded ITV-HD fine...

All very odd. For me since I virtually never watch live tv it is not too big a problem. For now I'm going to use the RC3 tswriter along with the older tsreader....

I suspect that this may all be being caused by the changes made to try and speed up channel switching. I think that mp tries to pre-build the graph and when you switch channels it tries to re-use the graph... But who knows what exactly is going on...

I just wish we had more freesat HD channels to watch!

Andy

jmbillings

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 9, 2008
    Ely
    Home Country
    Hmm, this might explain why from last night (when I upgraded to RC3) ITV-HD just gives me a black screen... (no message of "no audio/video detected" tho...)

Not a massive loss- football is not something I care for and I've yet to see much else on it! Would be nice to get it sussed and sorted though...

gloomyandy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2006
    Home Country
    Hmmm,
    Still works for me but only if I have another DVB-S channel on first. Watching either BBC-HD or ITV3+1 and then switching channels to ITV-HD always seems to work for me.... Oh and I have a single DVB-S card plus a duel DVB-T card (not sure it that makes any difference!).

Andy

PS Oh and I'm not a football fan, but I did enjoy the latest Poirot series in HD....

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    I can only get ITV-HD working in RC3 +SVN when I use FFDshow for audio and Cyberlink PDVD8 H.264 filter for video. Anything other than that results in a blank screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom