ITV-HD not working since 19510 | Page 2

Discussion in '1.0 RC2 and SVN Builds' started by gloomyandy, August 14, 2008.

1. chris123

chris123 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    Like the others, I am staying with my current version of MP for now, to avoid losing ITV HD.

I am tempted to try Andy's workaround with RC3, but would prefer to wait until ITV HD is 'officially' supported. That said I would be happy to test an SVN that had experimental support..

Cheers

Chris

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. gloomyandy
    • Premium Supporter

gloomyandy MP Donator

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Home Country:
    If anyone wants to try using the old tsreader/tswriter files let me know and I'll put the ones I'm using on line...

Andy

4. pigboy306

pigboy306 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Home Country:
    For info I can watch the place holder for ITVHD (ITVHD is not currently broadcasting) but cann't then change to another DVB-s channel if I change to DVBt than back to DVBS all is fine again. I am using RC3

5. gloomyandy
    • Premium Supporter

gloomyandy MP Donator

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Home Country:
    Interesting. For me I couldn't find anyway of viewing the place holder. Each time I started from no channel on at all. Nor could I watch a recording of the place holder. However with the old reader/writer everything worked...

Andy

6. wonkyd
    • Premium Supporter

wonkyd Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +184 / 1
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    Last time I tried I would get audio only, then if I changed channels I would get audio only for any other channel too. Not tried in RC3.

7. gloomyandy
    • Premium Supporter

gloomyandy MP Donator

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Home Country:
    Hi,
    OK a quick update. I've just tried again with the RC3 reader and writer (so a standard RC3 setup). So starting from no TV on at all if I try to select ITV-HD it does not work (I get the no video detected message box). However if I then view another DVB-S channel like ITV3+1 and then switch channels to ITV-HD then it works. If I do the same but with a DVB-T channel then it again fails... I can however record ITV-HD no problem without having to jump through any other hoops. But with the latest tsreader nothing I do will let me watch the recording. However if I use the old tsreader then I can watch the recorded ITV-HD fine...

All very odd. For me since I virtually never watch live tv it is not too big a problem. For now I'm going to use the RC3 tswriter along with the older tsreader....

I suspect that this may all be being caused by the changes made to try and speed up channel switching. I think that mp tries to pre-build the graph and when you switch channels it tries to re-use the graph... But who knows what exactly is going on...

I just wish we had more freesat HD channels to watch!

Andy

8. jmbillings
    • Premium Supporter

jmbillings MP Donator

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    Hmm, this might explain why from last night (when I upgraded to RC3) ITV-HD just gives me a black screen... (no message of "no audio/video detected" tho...)

Not a massive loss- football is not something I care for and I've yet to see much else on it! Would be nice to get it sussed and sorted though...

9. pigboy306

pigboy306 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Home Country:
    I tried again to get ITVHD but no joy this time... go figure!

10. gloomyandy
    • Premium Supporter

gloomyandy MP Donator

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Home Country:
    Hmmm,
    Still works for me but only if I have another DVB-S channel on first. Watching either BBC-HD or ITV3+1 and then switching channels to ITV-HD always seems to work for me.... Oh and I have a single DVB-S card plus a duel DVB-T card (not sure it that makes any difference!).

Andy

PS Oh and I'm not a football fan, but I did enjoy the latest Poirot series in HD....

11. wonkyd
    • Premium Supporter

wonkyd Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +184 / 1
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    I can only get ITV-HD working in RC3 +SVN when I use FFDshow for audio and Cyberlink PDVD8 H.264 filter for video. Anything other than that results in a blank screen.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!