[fixed] [JIRA MP1-2469] - DetectDrive method obsolete ? (1 Viewer)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Well, if we are going to do that, I'd prefer to assess the risk for 1.6.0 Pre and get it in there for wider testing.
    Very true, it was a quick reply without even knowing completely what this fix is about.
    But with today's Music merges to master, i assume this can be included since testing needs to be re-done anyways.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Why?
    This is no where in any case a showstopper?
    Well, the playing field is already changed isn't it? We have a new build that needs full testing again, and since we can do bugfixes for the Pre Release, we could as well include it now and let the community do the wider testing.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think we shouldn't compare a crash to this one. If we start internal testings only potential showstoppers have the chance to be fixed.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    So I think, for users this will not be ambiguous, if user puts media in tray I hope it will use LOAD :),
    Working !
    it's also available for Virtural Disk, but without impact on system ! so, not a problem for me !

maybe i'm crazy ( and i think, the Hajduk team, will check my door !!! :p )
    proposal #1
    if you add an saving state, after use function ?
    "Eject" is the default setting when start MP. and only "eject" appear in context menu

If user "Eject" the device, MP save state of "Tray open for drive XYZ"
    F9 on the same device, only "Close tray" is displayed.

proposal #2
    use only one function " Eject / Close" inside MP
    and all open and close function are hardcoded.
    but as you said before, you don't know the state of the Tray.

So, this proposal are really crazy, and not possible !!!
    so, your method, is OK for me !

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Well, just answered a complaint by a user in this thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-videos-which-are-not-added-to-videos.124144/

It´s the same we discussed already on the last pages of this thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/complete-1-6-0-test-build.123399/

Hope some dev (@Deda ?) could care about this sooner than later :p

The problem really, is if you insert a removable drive when MP is running, what do you want to happen? Do you want to be able to access media even though you haven't chosen the drive as a share?

And should the behaviour be different if you start MP with the drive already connected?

I'd say we only add the drive if 'add USB drive as share' is enabled. We have this setting, right? So hopefully it won't be too difficult to fix - just need to check the setting before adding the drive.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I'd say we only add the drive if 'add USB drive as share' is enabled. We have this setting, right? So hopefully it won't be too difficult to fix - just need to check the setting before adding the drive.
    No, we don´t have that setting - but we should have it ;)

I'll check later. I am sure I noticed something like that in config.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The bad issue here is that you define folders in e.g. MyVideos which are pin-protected.
    If you now have the whole drive shown, you can browse through all folders, even through the pin-ptotected ones - that is really not what we want ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom