[fixed] [JIRA MP1-2469] - DetectDrive method obsolete ? (2 Viewers)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yep, the latest commit from Tony run in conflict :)

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Is it possible to add the ability to read a connected digital camera?

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Probably with some modifications (or rework :)), yes, but I don't have such a device so I can't do anything. All I have is digital photo camera which is visible in MP as it behaves like removable disk with some drive letter.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    if the camera is detected as MAss Storage, should be visiible inside MP !
    i hope ! ( i have Camera ( 2 years old , when patch is ready i can test it )

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    if the camera is detected as MAss Storage, should be visiible inside MP !
    i hope ! ( i have Camera ( 2 years old , when patch is ready i can test it )

Most appear to Windows as a camera device and have no drive letter assigned. Not sure how Windows treats that (mass storage or other...)

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Tested with the commit at 13/11/2013 with the support of Multi-Card Reader.
    Working fine. ( only tested with one media Flash card, on Multi reader card)
    only media is ejected !

For USB hdd, it's crazy.
    when use eject device in MP, the HDD go in sleep mode (but always present as Device), is not really ejected.
    i don't know, if is good or bad ! ( it's the 1st time, than my (old external 3.5 HomeMade ), do this !
    it's similar to my WD mypassport, after few delay without using it, it going to sleep mode.

When Disk is in sleep mode, always appears inside MP root view, and enter in it, the device out of sleep, and can be used.

If onr guy, can tell me, than we have none problem, for unplug device in sleep mode !

The only thing ! ( yes, always ), it's only based on the eject dialog, MP always show " you can eject the device", this screen appears also, when you use the external device inside plugins ( as play movie / music files inside MP, and use action to eject media, the dialog show " you can eject device, but play continu ).

I don't know if the next ask, should have his own Jira entry.
    Deda, can you look also for add the support to open / close the DVDrom tray. inside MP Action menu on rootview.
    because few Case are fake Tray without eject button, for open it / close it .
    Open Action already exist for remote, but not close.

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Tested with the commit at 13/11/2013 with the support of Multi-Card Reader.
    Working fine. ( only tested with one media Flash card, on Multi reader card)
    only media is ejected !

For USB hdd, it's crazy.
    when use eject device in MP, the HDD go in sleep mode (but always present as Device), is not really ejected.
    i don't know, if is good or bad ! ( it's the 1st time, than my (old external 3.5 HomeMade ), do this !
    it's similar to my WD mypassport, after few delay without using it, it going to sleep mode.

When Disk is in sleep mode, always appears inside MP root view, and enter in it, the device out of sleep, and can be used.

If onr guy, can tell me, than we have none problem, for unplug device in sleep mode !

The only thing ! ( yes, always ), it's only based on the eject dialog, MP always show " you can eject the device", this screen appears also, when you use the external device inside plugins ( as play movie / music files inside MP, and use action to eject media, the dialog show " you can eject device, but play continu ).

I don't know if the next ask, should have his own Jira entry.
    Deda, can you look also for add the support to open / close the DVDrom tray. inside MP Action menu on rootview.
    because few Case are fake Tray without eject button, for open it / close it .
    Open Action already exist for remote, but not close.

Y, I know the problem, will be repaired.

About close, really don't know if it is needed, you can close it with Play button or by hand while you're at drive :), otherwise why you open drive in first place :)

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom