Jumping to a specific point in a recorded TV show or .mkv movie

Discussion in 'General Support' started by nzdreamer55, October 18, 2010.

1. nzdreamer55
    • Premium Supporter

nzdreamer55 MP Donator

Veterinarian
    Ratings:
    +28 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    Show System Specs
    Hi everyone,

I am loving media portal, however needed a little help with the controls. We have NVIDIA Pure Video Decoder installed for playing our recorded TV and movies. The fast forward is just ok (on 2x it works well, but at higher speeds, the video does not change and it seems to take a while for each jump forward). This wouldn't be so bad, but we cannot click on the time bar below and jump to a specific part in the movie/tv show. Is this possible with Media portal (I would guess it is, but I just need to change a setting or use something else).

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide :D

Steve

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. emphyrio

emphyrio Portal Pro

IT consultant
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I haven't found such a control yet, where you can jump to an exact point in the movie. As an alternative, there are 'skip steps' available. By pressing the 'Arrow Right' on your remote several times, you can jump ahead 1 - 2 - 3 - 5 - 10 - 15 - 30 (etc) minutes. The skip steps can be configured in Mediaportal Configuration, so you can choose the steps / intervals that work best for you.

4. rekenaar
    • Team MediaPortal

rekenaar Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +785 / 0
    Home Country:
    South Africa South Africa
    While watching fullscreen video, you can also key in the video position as HHMM, example to jump to 37 minutes, key in 0037

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!