Jumping to a specific point in a recorded TV show or .mkv movie (1 Viewer)

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi everyone,

I am loving media portal, however needed a little help with the controls. We have NVIDIA Pure Video Decoder installed for playing our recorded TV and movies. The fast forward is just ok (on 2x it works well, but at higher speeds, the video does not change and it seems to take a while for each jump forward). This wouldn't be so bad, but we cannot click on the time bar below and jump to a specific part in the movie/tv show. Is this possible with Media portal (I would guess it is, but I just need to change a setting or use something else).

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide :D

Steve

emphyrio

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2007
    Utrecht
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I haven't found such a control yet, where you can jump to an exact point in the movie. As an alternative, there are 'skip steps' available. By pressing the 'Arrow Right' on your remote several times, you can jump ahead 1 - 2 - 3 - 5 - 10 - 15 - 30 (etc) minutes. The skip steps can be configured in Mediaportal Configuration, so you can choose the steps / intervals that work best for you.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    While watching fullscreen video, you can also key in the video position as HHMM, example to jump to 37 minutes, key in 0037

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom