[solved] Just installed WebMediaPortal, have questions about skins and the TV schedule grid (1 Viewer)

clarkebelt

Portal Pro
June 8, 2014
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
First, are there any additional skins available besides the ones at the top of this forum? Is there a page or site someplace that showcases the available WMP skins?

Also, are there any skins that take advantage of widescreen monitors? I have a 1920x1080 display and in particular I'd like to see the TV schedule grid using the entire screen, showing at least 5 hours of programs at a time. Is that possible in any of the skins?

Because I am using a satellite tuner card, I have guide information for some channels but not others. In the TV schedule grid, is there any way to either exclude the stations that do not have guide data associated with them, or at least show the ones that do have guide data first? If it were possible to sort by channel order, that would work just as well. For that matter, is there any way to modify the channel order in the grid?

pünktchen

Portal Pro
October 26, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
7 skins are not enough???

The timespan in the tvguide is defined in the source code not in the html page i think.
So a full hd skin wouldn't make any difference.

For your empty epg channel problem:
I would create a new group in MediaPortal TVServer and arrange the channels from working to non working epg,
and set this new group as standard in WebMediaPortal.

clarkebelt

Portal Pro
June 8, 2014
Home Country
I wasn't implying that 7 aren't enough, I just wondered if there were others.

What I REALLY want to know is how to change the order of channels displayed in WebMediaPortal. I have found that I can order the channels as I want by changing the channel numbers in other parts of MediaPortal, but for some reason WebMediaPortal seems to have a real problem with picking up on changes I make that way. It seems as though once it puts a channel in a particular location it is stuck there forever. I don't think creating a new group would help, because it still wouldn't recognize changes to the channel order.

What I'd like to do at this point is completely delete any stored data that WebMediaPortal has cached, and force it to re-read the MediaPortal configuration as if it had just been installed. Then it might actually pick up the channel order I want, and not the channel order it wants to hang onto no matter what I do. Is there any way to do that?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    What I REALLY want to know is how to change the order of channels displayed in WebMediaPortal. I have found that I can order the channels as I want by changing the channel numbers in other parts of MediaPortal...
    The correct way to order channels in TV Server which then translates to MediaPortal (...and I presume WebMediaPortal also) is to:
    1. Open TV Server configuration.
    2. Go to the TV Channels section.
    3. Select the tab for the group you want to order. Note: reordering the first tab - "Channels" - will do nothing to affect the order in MediaPortal clients. The order in that tab is not stored.
    4. Use the arrows and/or order by buttons to set the order you want.

clarkebelt

Portal Pro
    June 8, 2014
    Home Country
    Note: reordering the first tab - "Channels" - will do nothing to affect the order in MediaPortal clients. The order in that tab is not stored.

Thanks, I didn't understand that. Now that I know that, maybe I can get this to work. I'll give it another go tomorrow and let you know if I still have any issues.

EDIT: That worked perfectly! Thank you!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom