Keeps playing first song (1 Viewer)

jriker1

Portal Member
March 15, 2016
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Is MP1 supposed to keep playing the song you select in a folder or play thru them all. So for example:

ACDC (folder)
JailBreak(folder)
Song1
Song2
Song3
Song4

So if I click on pay on Song1 should it go to Song2 after Song1 is done? Or should it keep playing Song1?

Also what if I click play on JailBreak folder?

From what I can tell, in both scenarios it will replay song1 over and over. But haven't sat for 5 minutes waiting for song1 to finish, just fast forwarded and then hit play and it starts song1 again.

Thanks.

JR

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    So if I click on pay on Song1 should it go to Song2 after Song1 is done? Or should it keep playing Song1?
    It will go onto song2.

Also what if I click play on JailBreak folder?
    It will play all the songs in the folder.

...and then hit play and it starts song1 again.
    ...and that's where you've confused yourself. Hitting play will cause MP to play whatever item - song or folder - you have selected at the time. Song1 started over because song1 was selected at the time. If you want to play the next song you need to skip forward (F8 on a keyboard, or equivalent remote control button).

jriker1

Portal Member
    March 15, 2016
    Home Country
    Thanks. I tried it myself just now and here is what I found:

First scenario it played song1 and stopped
    Second scenario it continued to play the next songs.

I also noticed anytime you fast forward a song, and then hit play say 3 minutes into a 5 minute song, it will fade out and then restart the song again. Won't resume where it left off. If I'm fast forwarding and hit play 3 minutes in shouldn't it continue at 3 minutes? These are mp3 files.

Thanks.

JR

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I also noticed anytime you fast forward a song, and then hit play say 3 minutes into a 5 minute song, it will fade out and then restart the song again.
    Doesn't do that for me.
    If you're playing a song then press play again it will start over. So, my guess is that you're somehow generating two play commands (first one stops fast-forwarding and resumes playback; second one starts the track over from the beginning).

Can't say more without log files.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I also noticed anytime you fast forward a song, and then hit play say 3 minutes into a 5 minute song, it will fade out and then restart the song again.
    This sounds like the same behaviour that I find with radio recordings. Unfortunately, audio (in the form of radio recordings, MP3 files, etc) behaves differently from video (TV recordings).

The work-around is to press the PAUSE button to pause the current action (play, fast forward, or fast rewind), and then press the PAUSE button again to resume playback from the pause point. This assumes that the PAUSE button is defined in the relevant config file to be the "PLAY/PAUSE" toggle function.

On balance, I think that I prefer the video behaviour.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    This sounds like the same behaviour that I find with radio recordings. Unfortunately, audio (in the form of radio recordings, MP3 files, etc) behaves differently from video (TV recordings).
    Well, like I said, it works fine for me with FLAC files, MP 1.16 and using the top bar play and FFWD controls.

jriker1

Portal Member
    March 15, 2016
    Home Country
    Well, like I said, it works fine for me with FLAC files, MP 1.16 and using the top bar play and FFWD controls.
    What kind of remote are you using? I'm using a Microsoft MCE remote now so if anything works "right" it should be. Separate play/pause buttons. Taking what I gathered from CyberSimian, I may have to tell my parent to fast forward, then pause, then play. If that works. Sure that will be easy for him.

Thanks.

jR

EDIT: Anytime I hit play, even if paused it starts the song over. Only way is to pause while fast forwarding, and then unpause.

Last edited:

jriker1

Portal Member
    March 15, 2016
    Home Country
    OK here's what I have. See the picture below.

4g24jb.png

If I click OK and it starts playing the selected song, then click the next and prev buttons it works. If I click Play arrow instead of OK, the next/prev buttons don't do anything but make noise.

JR

Lepaso

February 9, 2018
    Home Country
    thanks alot for your help as i was having same issue (in fact, i still have, will try to manage it out). may i ask questions in case i would have some? thanks a lot

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom