Keymapping Which File To Edit (1 Viewer)

macmr

Portal Pro
August 21, 2011
Home Country
I have searched online and read the wiki's about the keymappping options but haven't been able to find an answer to this question:

In MP 1.23 if I select the Generic-HID option in the remotes section does this xml file take precendence over the keymap.xml that is in the Keys & Sounds section.

I want to use Flirc and remap the keys to suit my Harmony remote but I don't know which file to edit or if I have to do both files?

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I select the Generic-HID option in the remotes section does this xml file take precendence over the keymap.xml that is in the Keys & Sounds section.
    I don't know the answer to this question; all I know is that my setup works OK (but I use the Ortek VRC-1100 remote control programmed into a Harmony 650).

This area of MP was completely rewritten several releases ago, which may have made the file "keymap.xml" obsolete (or perhaps not). The developer who authored these changes (and who could answer your question) no longer actively participates in this forum.

I would suggest that you proceed using "trial and error". Select one button on the remote, and try to define it to perform a clearly identifiable function. Use "General HID" first. If your change works correctly, then modify the definitions for the remainder of the buttons. If it does not work, then try modifying "keymap .xml".

If neither works, there is a separate tool called "IR Server Suite" that might support the FLIRC (I have not used either, so this is merely speculation). Details here: IRSS (IR Server Suite)

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

macmr

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2011
    Home Country
    Hi thanks for the info. I had thought of doing as you suggested but was hoping not to have to go down that path.

I'll wait to see if I can get the info I need before I try anything.

Invisible

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 28, 2008
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi macmr
    I also uses Flirc and a Harmony Elite One remote control. I added the harmony as normal MCE remote control. Then 99% of all keys are working, because it uses the normal Windows Keyboard keys. Only for some keys I have used the plugin "ShortCutter" to jump direct in the TV, TV Guide, Music, Video or Recodings windows with the color keys on the remote control.
    Regards,
    Invisible

macmr

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2011
    Home Country
    Hi Invisible

I have changed tack a bit since writing this thread. I decided to try and mimic my non genuine Media Player remote and receiver with my already setup Harmony One remote and then pairing with a remapped FLIRC as the receiver. This way I would have a backup control and receiver if either decided to stop working.

While I was doing this I came across some unusual behaviour with MP 1.23 and started another thread here: MP 1.23 Key Mapping

Quite a long thread with testing involved and hopefully it will be of some advantage to anyone that may be having the same problems

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom