KNC1 TV-Station DVB-S2 Twin won´t find SKY HD Programs (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Modulation has been "not Defined" before, I changed it to "QPSK2 (DVB-S2)"--> it´s working! :D (as to see on picture below)
    Excellent! :)
    Just out of interest, did you try the other two options that I suggested?

What would be the (best) way / the procedure to scan all transponders with the "correct" modulation?
    You could edit the tuning detail file I suppose - replace all occurrences of "<Modulation>ModQpsk</Modulation>" with "<Modulation>ModNbcQpsk</Modulation>".
    The file is in "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\TuningParameters\dvbs" on Vista and W7 (C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\TuningParameters\dvbs on XP). You're looking for the "19.2°E Astra 1H,1KR,1L,1M.xml" file. It can be edited in any text editor.

One other question for you: can you tell me which network provider is configured in the tuner settings under "preferred network provider"?
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...uration/TV-Server_Configuration/02_TV_Servers

If you have selected "generic" (default), could you please try with "DVBS" and see if the scan is still successful. This is important to ensure that any fix would also work on Windows XP.

mm

Ballermann

Portal Pro
    April 22, 2011
    Im Norden :)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I had to come back to it - otherwise I just would be unsatisfied ;)

I just make a new scan with a changed / new 19,2° E Astra-file at the moment (changed <Modulation>ModQpsk</Modulation>" with "<Modulation>ModNbcQpsk</Modulation>") - will let you know the result.

My config of the card / tuners (#1 & #2):
    #1 & #2: Cam is enabled with value "0"
    #1: no EPG grabbing #2: EPG grabbing
    #1 & #2: no preloading
    #1 & #2: stopping enabled
    #1 & #2: preferred Provider: DVBS

Ballermann

Portal Pro
    April 22, 2011
    Im Norden :)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    soooo... back again to the result of the scan: it worked with the new/edited Astra-File! :)

I don´t know if it will work to use this file for a "normal" ( "complete") channel-scan or
    if a channel-scan with the normal Astra file has to be done before and afterwards with the "modified-Modulation" File.

Attached you / everybody else with KNC-Problems can find the Astra-File I edited the way you described before (19.2°E Astra SKY1H,1KR,1L,1M.xml) ,
    also the "normal" Astra-File I used before (19.2°E Astra 1H,1KR,1L,1M.xml)
    and the satellites.xml which is modified the way to have both Astra-Files in the scan-menu.

If using this, be aware of not to make an automatic update of satellite list via menu!!!!

Thanks a lot for your help MM!! (y) :)

Attachments

• 19.2°E Astra SKY1H,1KR,1L,1M.xml
      28.4 KB
    • 19.2°E Astra 1H,1KR,1L,1M.xml
      28.3 KB
    • satellites.xml
      16.1 KB

Tazzios

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Is there also a new file for the astra 23,5 ? I have problems with the dutch channels (12129)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello Tazzios

Is there also a new file for the astra 23,5 ? I have problems with the dutch channels (12129)
    Which tuner please - the Twin (PCIe), or the single/older tuner (PCI)?
    Make sure you click "update satellite list" before scanning - it looks like the tuning details may have changed recently.
    If you still have problems then you can try to do a manual scan with the following parameters:

Frequency: 12129000 kHz
    Symbol rate: 27500 ks/s
    Polarisation: vertical
    Modulation: 8 PSK (or "8 PSK2 (DVB-S2)")
    Inner FEC rate: 2/3
    Pilot: On
    Roll-off: 0.35

mm

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom