Kodi TV Plugin for various MP2 versions... (1 Viewer)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    After realizing that the most recent TVServerKodi Plugin is not even working with the most recent MP2 "official" release 2.1.3 and in no way with more advanced builds from TeamCity or compiled from source code I tried to compile plugin versions against more recent MP2 versions. The first try was a Plugin for the internal TC Build #203 I was using as I first tried to make this. And also I hardly can't believe it myself. I got it working on first try...

I'm not the author of this plugin, I even can't program in .NET myself. I just re-compiled the plugin against different MP2 builds. Up to now this was working for me. But I can not guarantee it will work everywhere and I'm not able to add features or fix bugs on this.

So I decided to build plugins for the mayor MP2.x releases. They will be attached here. At this time there are TVServerKodi plugins for MP 2.1.3, MP 2.2-Pre and MP 2.2 Final.

To install simply stop MP2 server, extract the provided DLL into the MP2 SlimTVService plugin folder where all MP2 TVE plugins are to find and then restart the server. If you didn't change the default path this folder can be found on x64 Windows here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Plugins\SlimTv.Service3\Plugins\

On 32 Bit installations the default folder will be:

C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Plugins\SlimTv.Service3\Plugins\

If you changed the default path by yourself you will know where to find this folder.

Attachments

• TVServerKodi_MP213.7z
      33.4 KB
    • TVServerKodi_MP2.2-Final.zip
      38.2 KB
    • TVServerKodi_MP2.2-Pre.zip
      38.2 KB
    Last edited:

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I've build a 204 and a 205 version. Both are slightly different. I'm not sure if the plugin for 205 did work with e.g. 203 or not (and vice versa) but nevertheless I've attached them here too, just in case...

If you want to try it yourself e.g. because you are using an older TC build of MP 2.2, it's fairly easy to do. You need to have VisualStudio installed. I'm using the free 2017 version. Then add a new Git repository to VS and clone the official plugin source from github. to a local folder.
    Now open this folder in explorer and search for the sub- folder "References". This folder contains 16 dll files and a readme.txt. All those 16 dll are from MediaPortal's TV Server/Engine and you must replace all 16 dll with the ones from the version you want to compile the resulting plugin for. Normally they are to find in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Plugins\SlimTv.Service3\" Now open the project in VS, choose AnyCPU and do a release build. After a few seconds you will have a new "TVServerKodi.dll" in the bin/release/ folder that hopefully is running well with your special version of MP2

Attachments

• TVServerKodi_MP22.204.7z
      33.4 KB
    • TVServerKodi_MP22.205.7z
      33.4 KB
    Last edited:

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I'm not sure if the plugin for 205 did work with e.g. 203 or not
    I've tested this in meantime and it did not work here. #205 plugin don't work in #203 installation of MP2. Looks as if you need a new plugin for every new build of MP2...

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just back from a trip. Thanks Lehmden, I will try the Kodi TV plugin for build 204.

Cheers

Blue Max

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Another build for TC #218 as finally the powerscheduler plugin is working again (was broken since some builds now). This build is pretty fresh, only about half an hour old. It's recommended to everyone using some older builds or self compiled versions of MP2.2 to upgrade / re-compile with most recent source code and nuget packages...

Have tested the plugin with Kodi 18 Alpha 2 and it is working like a charm. Will try it tomorrow with 17.6 too.

Attachments

• TVServerKodi_MP22.218.zip
      38.8 KB

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Hi Lehmden, did you test it with the 17.6?
    Yes, it's working with 17.6 as expected.
    Do you habe any sreenshots from the KODI PlugIn ( not the server PlugIn)
    Here you go. Like in MP the look can be very different depending on the used skin. Kodi's default skin Estuary:
    screenshot000.jpg screenshot002.jpg screenshot003.jpg screenshot004.jpg

with Kodi's Titan skin:
    screenshot005.jpg screenshot006.jpg screenshot007.jpg

and with "Transparency" skin (Kodi's counterpart to MP's PureVision skin):
    screenshot008.jpg screenshot009.jpg

By the way, all screenshots are made on a 4:3 display. Kodi is adopting the skins to the screen dimensions.

To be honest, if I had the choice I would prefer MP2. But I haven't as MP2 did not run on part of my hardware (Android TV Boxes, mobile devices)...

schwarzrz

Portal Pro
    May 23, 2010
    Frankfurt
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I understand that. I changed because the plugin for Tv shows is not working anymore within MePo Client and nobody seems to care.
    I changed to KODI + Emby and it works like charme.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I changed to KODI + Emby and it works like charme.
    I really can not get used to Emby that much.. Some things are annoying me too much. First, the Emby server needs way too much power for my taste. And second, much more important, it always overwrites and destroys my well shaped and maintained .nfo files, something I really can't stand... I think in the long term I will go with MySQL (to be precise MariaDB) Database for Kodi combined with the Addon "Watched Lists". But I'm still testing and experimenting so a final decision isn't done now...

the plugin for Tv shows is not working anymore within MePo Client
    Really???? Hear this for the very first time. I'm no big fan of TVSeries plugin, never was, because of it's limitations to only one, not very reliable online source (TVDB).. But it should work normally in MP1. The MP2 Series module is much, much better than TVSeries as it supports TheMovieDB, fanart.tv, tvdb, tvmaze and most important local fanart and .nfo files aside of MKV tags. You can have unlimited episodes in one file (e.g. a DVD/BD image) instead of only 2 as in TVSeries, and so on. It is a core part of MP2 so it's integrated seamlessly,... The advantages are countless.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Here is the TVServerKodi Plugin for the soon to be released MP2.2 pre Release...

Edit: Attachment moved to first post.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom