Kodi TV Plugin for various MP2 versions... (1 Viewer)

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

thanks Lehmden. As it is 'just a dll' i it possible to ship the MP2.2 Release then with it included? So no one needs to make special plugin package for it.

Cheers

Blue Max

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    A hint for all who want to use TVServerKodi plugin together with a RAM disc for timeshifting...
    Kodi needs network shares for both, Recordings and Timeshift folder... Normally those shares are created by the plugin. But a RAM disc is re- created on every system start, so the share did not survive a restart.. But with a tiny .bat placed in startup (or taskplaner, it's more reliable as Win10 has issues with .bat in startup folder) this can be solved:
    Code:
    net share Timeshift=R:\Timeshift /GRANT:EVERYONE,FULL
    exit
    where "Timeshift" (before the = ) is the name of the share and "R:\Timeshift" (after the = ) is the path to the timeshift folder on the RAM disc. With "/GRANT" the timeshift share gets it's privileges, here "FULL" access for "EVERYONE" (maybe you need to change this according to your system's language, in German it's "JEDER" as example). Then save this as e.g. "timeshift.bat" and execute it during system startup. Now you should be able to use the RAM disc for timeshift in Kodi too...

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As it is 'just a dll' i it possible to ship the MP2.2 Release then with it included?
    I've proposed this already too, but it's not my decision. This is something where @morpheus_xx need to have a look as this "just a dll" needs to be (re-) compiled with every different build, so most likely the source code itself needs to be included into MP2...
    But I also would love to have this plugin delivered with MP2 because it didn't hurt in any way if not needed but it makes things easier a lot if needed...

amatesi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 3, 2013
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi @Lehmden, I've extracted your plugin into (either) "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Plugins\TVServerKodi.dll" OR "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Plugins\TVServerKodi\TVServerKodi.dll" and it didn't show-up on MP 2.2pre TV Server Configuration

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    As this is a TV Engine plugin it needs to be placed in the TVE plugin folder like any other TVE plugin....
    "c:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Plugins\SlimTv.Service3\Plugins\"
    Then it shows up as expected...
    upload_2018-10-26_15-28-13.png

amatesi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 3, 2013
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Gotcha - Now reported as showing-up on the Plugins list (planning to setup Kodi as "plan-B", just in case I were to experience serious MP2.2pre issues..).

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I've added a build for the soon coming MP 2.2 Final to first post. Haven't even tested this myself as right now my "productive" server is recording and can not be shut down to install the Final...

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    FYI.. Yesterday I've upgraded my Kodi installations to V 18.0 RC. The plugin (for MP 2.2) is working as expected with Kodi 18 too... Before I've tested it with 17.6 only...

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Lehmden
    can you build a plugin version for MP2.2.1 and upload here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom