Kodi TV Plugin for various MP2 versions... (1 Viewer)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    By the way, this latest "official" version is working with WIP 2.2.2 TC build #12 too. So even MP2 testers and early adopters can use it...

Mr Whippy

Portal Member
    June 18, 2019
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Wow this is a nice plugin.

Just works out of the box very smoothly.

I think I’m running with MP2 tv server and Kodi clients here as it’s just working very intuitively and so is likely to be wife friendly haha!

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I'm still using 2.1.3 for my productive System as this was the most reliable version for me (regarding to TV only). So I don't know if the recent "official" version is working with 2.2.3. If it is working, fine. if not you easily can compile the dll yourself. As you already have VS installed it's a matter of "seconds"... How I did it is described here:
    I'm pretty sure you will be able to do it by yourself...

I don't have VS installed recently. I had set up my PC completely from scratch some days ago and I only installed stuff I'm needing daily up to now.

If you need to compile a new dll please attach it here, once you've got it working, thanks...

What I'm really missing is a working version for TVE 3.5 (because of the SAT>IP support in TVE 3.5). But for this many changes are needed in the code itself. And I'm not able to do this. I have no clue about programming in .NET...

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The TV-Server Kodi Plugin for the coming version 2.3 of Mediaportal 2

Attachments

• TVServerKodi_MP2.3.zip
      39 KB

bizzs

September 6, 2020
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hello everyone, I am a first time user of mediaportal and forum poster. I ran into a couple of snags and in need of some assistance. I setup mediaportal on a server that has i5 processor, 8gb memory, 2tb of hard drive with windows 10, and a r9000 netgear router. I installed the latest 2.2.2.3 version and encountered a few bug errors. I researched the forums here and found the solutions. I added my iptv m3u file and the channels play fine with no buffering. I set up Kodi on my Nvidia Shield and I made sure that the timeshift and recording folders were shared with mediaportal. The file addresses are displaying green within the server setup screen. I downloaded the latest Kodi plugin and set it up within Kodi. I entered ip information and FFMPEG would not play the channels, but the ts setting did. The problem that I am having is when I manually tested the recording, the notification within kodi indicated that the recording is scheduled and the red recording indicator dot did not come on. When I cancelled the recording, a new recording notification would pop up and start automatically recording. I used the stop button and kodi would freeze or crash. The second problem is with the timeshift. Kodi will freeze when I pause for more than a minute and it will crash. I tried the mediaportal player within the server and everything works well but not with the kodi addon. Any solutions or ideas on how I can correct this? I am out of ideas and minimal information is found within google

Thanks
    Lisa

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi and welcome.
    and FFMPEG would not play the channels,
    This is "normal". The ffmpeg option is a relic of long gone times. tsreader is the only way to go today... Aside this you should not activate RTSP stream.

I tried the mediaportal player within the server and everything works well
    This indicates there is no issue on the MediaPortal side.

Nvidia Shield
    The Shield normally should be fine. May I ask which version it is? "Pro" or "Normal", 2019 or 2017 or even older? I'm using much cheaper Android TV Boxes (not older than 2 years but below 50$ each) all over my place and they all are working like a charm. How do you connect your Shield to your Network? Wlan or wired Lan? Wlan can be too slow for the huge data rates Live TV generally has. HDTV has bitrates used on 4K streaming content and SDTV has bitrates used on FullHD content. Don't ask me why but it is the case. Best is to use wired Lan for connecting, if possible.

I used the stop button and kodi would freeze or crash.
    This is an issue of Kodi in general, not related to the PVR addon. This happens every now and then even when you play locally available video files. But it should not happen every time. A few seconds delay (could still be seen as a freeze) after stopping the playback is "normal" as Kodi needs to save many things inside it's database every time you stop playback... But sometimes this "delay" lasts for eternity and then you best "kill" Kodi and start it again. Not nice but I don't know how to solve this. On Kodi 17.6 this was much worse than on Kodi 18 but with every new version of Kodi 18 this again is getting worse.

When I cancelled the recording, a new recording notification would pop up and start automatically recording.
    This is a "feature" of the MP TV Engine as it tries to restart an interrupted recording as fast as possible. I also don't like this but many other people want it this way... Sometimes you can not cancle a scheduled recording at all without using the setup tool, what is nothing for beginners...

The second problem is with the timeshift. Kodi will freeze when I pause for more than a minute and it will crash.
    This is an issue I didn't know (aside the normal issue mentioned above). Here this is working as it should. The only thing I can imagine is that the space for Timeshift is not big enough for longer pause while timeshifting. But this only is a wild guess...
    Aside this Timeshifting is a really difficil feature. It is very critical in behave of timing so you need to have a drive that is really fast. That's why many people are using a RAM disc for Timeshift. The worst case is to use the same physical drive where Windows is installed on as Windows constantly is reading and writing to it's disc...

bizzs

September 6, 2020
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Lehmden
    Thank you for responding to my questions. In responses to your questions, Kodi is installed as a client on my Nvidia Shield P2897. (I believe it is the 2017 Version) I have 2 of them. The Shield's are receiving wifi from a Netgear R9000, with speeds up to 500mb throughout my house. I am currently using Tvheadend and it works flawlessly, but I am looking for a software like mediaportal that is more user friendly, and has better options that my hubby can understand when the server needs rebooted or the guide needs fixed .

As far as the recording options with Kodi, I cannot figure it out. As I previously stated, Kodi schedules the program that I want to record on demand and does not indicate that the recording is in progress. It freezes up when I stop the pending recordings and then it starts a live recording creating another file. The odd part about this malfunction is that there is 2 recording files of the program in the file folder. Additionally, I do have the recording and time shift files directed to the main hard drive where Windows is installed. The time shift problem has me completely stumped. I have tried every setting that I seen and the problem still exists. I will experiment with it for a while and hopeful I can get it up and running because I really like the concepts of the mediaportal software over linux tvheadend.

Thanks again.
    Lisa

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom