Label Missing in Basic Home when selected (1 Viewer)

tdw197

Portal Member
April 13, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi, first post so excuse me for any stupidities...

i'm using streamed mp and its great, I've just added the shoutcast plugin to MP and want it to appear on my basic home (as i have done with last fm).

So i added it on the editor as 'Listen to' Shoutcast and it displays fine until you come to select it, when it is the highlighted option the SHOUTCAST part dissapears and only 'Listen to' remains. When its not selected its fine.

ANy ideas?

thanks

flintstone99

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

have the same. Reason is that your label is too long when highlighted:oops:.
    just use a shorter one....e.g. "shout". Maybe you can workaround in the settings using a smaller font for highlighting

regards

flintstone

tdw197

Portal Member
    April 13, 2009
    Home Country
    Hi,

just use a shorter one....e.g. "shout". Maybe you can workaround in the settings using a smaller font for highlighting

regards

flintstone

cheers, didn't even think of that.

shoutcast is 9 characters and the next longest i have is 8 characters!

hmm, need to think of an abbreviation for shoutcast now!

Dr Tone

Portal Pro
    October 29, 2008
    Calgary, AB
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi,

regards

flintstone

Or adjust X position to give your menu options more room, it can be done in the basic home editor...

tdw197

Portal Member
    April 13, 2009
    Home Country
    Hi,

regards

flintstone

Or adjust X position to give your menu options more room, it can be done in the basic home editor...

thanks will ty that first, as i can't think of a good way of shortening 'shoutcast'

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    how do i move the black border over to the right more?

attachment.php

Attachments

• editedmenu.JPG
      editedmenu.JPG
      45.5 KB

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    You c an adjust the menu's X value in the menu editor.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    i have adjusted the menu x position in the menu editor.
    maximun size = 400 in the menu editor, it will not let you go bigger
    unfortunately size=400 is not enough for the strings "Recorded TV" and "Music Videos"
    so i manually increased the x position in basichome.xml, this moves the text but doesn't move the background image.
    I have since decided to just use "Rec TV" and "Music vids" instead.

The problem with using the size 16 font, is that it is no longer vertically centered.
    it would be nice to use an intermediate sized font eg. size 24, however i have failed to figure out how to do that.
    ideally it would be great if you could use font the same size with less horizontal spacing.

EDIT:

I think i found the answer to my question here -> https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/streamedmp-301/modified-basic-home-blade-image-68321/
    Also I think i need to edit fonts.xml to create a mediastream24tc font to use, this should take up less room.
    Not sure how to change the y position of the txt for the currently selected menu item, but hopefully i can figure it out when i'm home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom